Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

"Harvesting" water

Discussion in 'Release 35 Feedback Forum' started by moko, Oct 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moko

moko Avatar

Although I am happy it is implemented, it is way too tedious for me to use right now. "Harvesting" water from a well takes about 8 seconds including all animations and even I - doing only a little planting - need nearly 100 water per planting on my lot. I hope either the speed or the amount of water fetched per "harvesting" will be adjusted in the future.

2. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I'm really looking forward to getting water from lakes/rivers, etc. Wandering around town looking for a large public fountain to retrieve one bucket of water for my plants is not worth the trip.

FrostII, Leelu, iansmellios and 5 others like this.
  3. moko

moko Avatar

I even have my own well, but the amount of time it takes for just ooone bucket when I need several hundred a day...

4. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

That animation time needs cut in half, I think. First time I saw it I was like "What am I DOING? it can't take that long for the bucket to fill!"

FrostII, Leelu, Jivalax Azon and 2 others like this.
  5. niteowl57

niteowl57 Avatar

Agreed. It saves player gold, but 120 buckets of water gathered one bucket at a time at the current speed was incredibly boring.

6. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Wil be a fine a balance.. as that means cooking/cotton will have almost no expense.. so the expense IS the time of getting water.. Its tedious, but siginicantly better then harvesting cotton in the wild.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Just go see the Oracle, get your 500 gold and buy the water for 4 gold each.

8. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

at 8 seconds you can gather 450 buckets/hr, or 1800g worth of water per hour (by merchant prices)

so not worth it for the majority as you can earn that much faster just by killing a few skeles/thugs/elves and buying the water

FrostII, Leelu and iansmellios like this.
  9. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

You can craft a well or a fountain, so you can have your own water source at your lot.

Leelu likes this.
  10. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Unfortunately, I don't have the space on my property for either (unless wells can be put in basements). :(

Leelu and Bow Vale like this.
  11. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

A well won't work in a basement, I tried it for you. But a fountain does work. I have got the picture to prove it. :D[​IMG]

Lyndoman, Kabalyero, Leelu and 6 others like this.
  12. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Wonderful! Thank you, Frederick!

13. Hazard

Hazard Avatar

Perhaps some enterprising individuals (with a lot of time) will sell at a cost lower than 4gp per bucket of fuel, for those customers who don't have as much time and/or don't care to gather for 100% of their farm/yard. [Edit: Markee Dragon put up a test style purchase order on his vendor at 2gp per bucket at the end of his stream today, likely to gauge interest now that the Novian Mercantile water monopoly has been lifted]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
    Kabalyero, Leelu, iansmellios and 4 others like this.
  14. Kambrius

Kambrius Avatar

You can halve the time by hitting 'E' after the bucket of water is collected which will enable you to collect another bucket of water. The other half of the animation is not necessary to complete the task.

15. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Great tip!

FrostII and Leelu like this.
  16. Numa

Numa Avatar

17. moko

moko Avatar

Thanks for the tip but unfortunately, I've been doing that already. So it's still 8.x seconds per bucket of water. I like the idea of players selling water cheaper though, I will look for that :D

By Tor, FrostII and Leelu like this.
  18. Dragonhart

Dragonhart Avatar

the reality is, one or two or 4 "buckets" should be able to water the entire container (by container size), rather than individual buckets for each plant, and the sadist who designed the planting / agriculture interface needs to be shackled to a greenhouse for a while... or some enterprising Kolbolds need to invent a Drip irrigation system for gardens.. as it is, its entirely too labor / time intensive for larger gardens.

A simple fix would be give us a "quantity" counter for number of buckets to pull from source, similar to the crafting counter, so we can automate the drawing process somewhat.. yes, still have a delay per bucket, but let me rest my fingers in the meantime....

19. Shade Cido

Shade Cido Avatar

Personally I don't see the point of having to water the plants TWICE when you plant them as well(once when planted then straight after).....it just takes up more time in an extremely dull crafting mechanic. Id rather they increase the price of the seeds to offset the gold sink of the water and let us have Water for free without all the hassle of an 8 second mechanic per bucket.

uhop, Jivalax Azon and iansmellios like this.
  20. Gairloch

Gairloch Avatar

here here!!! Time wasters....I want to play the game to have fun. If I want to be bored to death i'll go to work .....I use my sick for this...my God man!!! (O^O)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.