Hello! Couple questions...

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by vemerce, Jul 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vemerce

vemerce Avatar

Hey all. I bought the game a while back and I'm just now getting around to playing it.

I have a couple of friends who have also purchased the game and we were trying to play together, but can't seem to meet up in the Solace Bridge Outskirts. Is this a solo scene only? When/how will we be able to play together?

Also, if you leave the Solace Bridge Outskirts, can you come back later?

Thanks,
    vemerce

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    Time Lord likes this.
  2. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

The initial opening scenes (3 of them) are solo only the first time you visit them. There are also miss-able items for side quests (unless that's been fixed/updated, been a few months since I last played) if you just hop right out instead of going through it all the way. Once you leave you are definitely able to come back with your friends and play with them (it a really good place for early leveling).

Time Lord and Sir Stile Teckel like this.
  3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

So if you are in the outskirts and not finding your friends then something is weird.

Are you all in multi-player mode? Check Options >Muktiplayer I believe.

Try making a party and then entering, that usually gets everyone on the same instance.

You might need to relog once you have partied up.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Outskirts is a multiplayer scene. It's a regular scene, not like The Battle of Solace Bridge.

The Battle of Solace Bridge is the first scene you enter when you leave the Isle of a Storms. The Battle of Solace Bridge is a single player, solo scene. Once you leave it you can't go back. This scene becomes Solace Bridge when you leave the scene.

Solace Bridge is a regular adventure scene. There mare a few quest that bring you back to this scene.

Solace Bridge Outskirts is the next scene you are directed towards. This scene is also a regular adventure scene. You are able to leave and re-enter the scene as often as you wish. This is the first scene you cab join up and party with your friends, playing in either friends mode or multiplayer.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. vemerce

vemerce Avatar

First we had it set to Multiplayer and couldn't find each other. Then we added each other to our Friends List and switched it to Friends Only, which caused us to reload, as though we were switching instances. However, we were standing right next to each other in game (playing side by side PCs) and couldn't see one another at all.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Nick

Nick Avatar

One of you will need to invite the other to a party. Have you done that?

Being in Friends Only doesn't mean you will be able to see your friends.
    It took me a while to realise that. :p

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I actually think you are experiencing a bug that they are trying to track down. The solution seems to be to restart the game after joining the same party.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

Welcome to SotA @vemerce and friends!

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

If you all aren't patched up to the exact same patch, latest one, you will likely be put into different instances, so make sure you're all patched up to the latest version.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. vemerce

vemerce Avatar

We were in a party. It just said the other person's name and "Solace Bridge Outskirts" but we couldn't see each other, despite us both being on top of the two nobles.

So if one of us completely closes the game and comes back, it won't disband the party?

Also, if I leave Solace Bridge Outskirts and come back... Is it the same zone? (i.e. Can I do all the quests I've missed or are they just gone?)

Time Lord and Nick like this.
  11. Nick

Nick Avatar

It shouldn't disband the party immediately. After one of you comes back, you will join back the party.

If you leave scene to go to the overland, you will be able to see your friend. (some sort of a shield) double click on it will bring you back to his scene.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

As @Vladamir Begemot says this is a bug/known issue, you have ended up in different instances of the same scene. Exit the game completely and start it up again.

Not immediately, although if you don't log back in it will eventually. There is plenty of time to quit the client and restart it before that happens however. It will change who the party leader is, but you can check that from the friends window (hit 'F').

Yes. Only the Battle of Solace Bridge is a one-off scene.

Time Lord likes this.
  13. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

welcome to the game vemerce as you can already see this is a good place to post questions to find answers from a growing community.
    I have also made videos to help you in the game

using your friend's list is a good way of finding your friends in-game and the new mailing system for when they are not in game.

I look forward to meeting you ingame my ingame names are
    scar face
    buck rogers
    DarthVader

Winfield and Time Lord like this.
  14. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

Welcome! As you adventure and have questions, you can also talk LIVE with other people (chat and voice), particularly with Hospitallers (helpers) via the Shroud of the Avatar Discord chat server - https://discordapp.com/invite/BQ6b9RY

Again, welcome back to Shroud of the Avatar! Welcome to your friends! We are here to help!

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.