Helping with Ideas for Player Owned Towns Templates

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Winfield, Jan 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gregoire Visaard

Gregoire Visaard Avatar

May ask a quick question here? To access the IRC chat for tonight on the Player owned Towns. Do I just go to SOtA home page and click on the chat link? I already see a bunch of people there. But nothing about the town meeting. Will it start automatically? Or do I have to type something in to get to the proper location. Never used IRC before

Thanks

GK

Tahru likes this.
  2. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

The IRC POT meeting is Wednesday nights and Thursday mornings (CST) in the IRC channel.

You can use the main SOTA page, there is a link under the Community sub-header just below the 'Forums' listing called 'Chat' -- that takes you to the web based IRC chat client.

Once there, you load up into the main page, and then can join the PlayerOwnedTowns channel with '/join #PlayerOwnedTowns' and hit the enter key. It will add a little tab at the top that you can switch back and forth between channels.

It will begin at 7 CST (8 pm EST)

Fionwyn Wyldemane, Numa and Tahru like this.
  3. Gregoire Visaard

Gregoire Visaard Avatar

Thank you Stryker Sparhawk

4. Gregoire Visaard

Gregoire Visaard Avatar

'/join #PlayerOwnedTowns' Well it's almost 8pm cst and no activity in the chat room since 7pm. Guess not many interested in chatting

GK

Tahru likes this.
  5. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

6. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

The Chat meeting is tomorrow and Thursday as follows:

Player Town Templates Chat
    When Wed, February 25, 7pm – 8pm Central US Time
    Where #PlayerOwnedTowns, SotA IRC Chat (map)
    Description irc.ultimacodex.com:6667 #PlayerOwnedTowns We will continue our discussions about Player Owned Town Templates.

Player Town Templates Chat
    When: Thu, February 26, 6am – 7am Central US Time
    Where #PlayerOwnedTowns, SotA IRC Chat (map)
    Description irc.ultimacodex.com:6667 #PlayerOwnedTowns We will continue our discussions about Player Owned Town Templates.

These events are also on the Avatars Circle Calendar, where you can look at GMT time zone and a few others too.

I think you arrived at the Online Chat Meeting a day early. We have pretty lively chat sessions. They last one hour maximum, and people can hang out more if they want to of course. I hope you can make it tomorrow, in about 22 hours from now. See you then!

7. Gregoire Visaard

Gregoire Visaard Avatar

thanks Winfield

8. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Stone entrance arch

Waterfall

9. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

I have a burning question that I hope can be answered here. Are all Player Owned Towns going to be ready at the launch of Episode 1. If anyone knows of a response from the devs on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

10. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

I follow it pretty closely and I haven't seen any announcement one way or the other. Someone else mentioned they heard that they wouldn't be, but provided no link for verification. So we're really up in the air still.

My own feeling is they would want to be depending on how they are factoring in the effect of PoT's on the "land rush". With the current number of PoT's sold that could be 2500+ lots.

Should be interesting ;)

11. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

Bump

steanne likes this.
  12. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

For event planning purposes I'd love to see contiguous plots in interesting regions.

For instance: Beach party plots (water lot + adjacent inland beach lot for more decorating room)

13. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

What is an island beach lot please do not ask for things that don't exist is you mean a City size sand lot sure, please look at my post and lets get organized and rolling on templates.

Lord Blake Blackstone likes this.
  14. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

He said inland, not island ;)

15. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Fully agreed Drake.
    The problem lies in the road network as per the Portalarium requirement, you can see this in Kingsport for instance.
    Either you need to tilt the lots like this:
    [​IMG]
    Or you need to place the inland lot half and half as to not cut the access point to the waterfront lot.

16. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

I apologize if I was rushed with my last post. 72 hour work weeks and still trying to stay up to date with all of the goings on here. The Beach Party setup was only the very first thing that came to mind.

Spoon, I think our event organizers would be able to make a setup like you pictured work. Creative use of exterior decorations and whatnot, thanks. I've spent hours catching up in the forum, where can I find the Portalarium requirements summarized? (Most of what we get is player discussions, and assuming the existing towns are rock solid design rules kind of defeats the purpose of what we're trying to do in this thread right?)

I also think two smaller adjacent lots would be less expensive and require less upkeep than one larger lot. Need to consider long term self-sufficiency after release.

And finally, forgive me if I broke some kind of posting etiquette here. Just trying to stay involved.

17. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

No need to apologize Drake. Don't mind Weins he is about 90% nice and 10% grumpy, in this case it was just a small misunderstanding.

Having decorated waterfront lots I think your suggestion is excellent for POTs but not as useful for towns without an owner regulating neighbors. So I liked the idea but tried to work out any problems before presenting such to Port.

Regarding the requirements, there are no official statements yet. They are worked upon in this trial. So so far we only have the testimony of Winfield et friends. But in those we can see that these templates need City lot sized flat areas with road access to the entry points.
    This so that placing stuff on my lot, like a fence, can't cut off access to your lot.
    Given that the road access for waterfronts are in that beach direction I wanted to prevent such issues.

I definitely think that event builders could work from such tilts if allowed. I think that a road in between might be even easier to get approval on.

18. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

yeah sorry thought you said ISalnd not inland, :-( Inland is just a Lot on Sandy space should be easy to do.

Drake Aedus likes this.
  19. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

20. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Here is a template I proposed some months ago, rendered in scale (1000x1000m total), and redone (to the limits of my artistic ability) for a "River Crossing" template using the new information I've acquired in the last couple of days from the Pax Lair templates.

A river crossing with a fortified town center on an island in the middle of the river. This is intended to have the feel of a medieval walled town, and would include mostly tightly packed row houses with a few larger dwellings, also included would be the City Center containing the NPC buildings, and the central market. The Central Market (the yellow squares) are intended to be another proposal I made for the establishment of Central Markets... 5x5 Vendor Lots that would use the same technology already developed for housing, requiring only the establishment of the lot size, deeds for them, and presumably, a variety of Vendor Stalls that could be place upon them. These could be placed in NPC towns, as well as Player Owned Towns requiring the Owner to dedicate some portion of their square footage to the establishment of a Central Market.

The City Center includes 1 Town Lot, 5 Village Lots, and 72 Row Lots, and 96 5x5 "Vendor Stall" lots (4 Village Lots in area), along with the City Center where the NPC buildings would be placed. These lots are situated on 10 City Lot sized areas (designated by the red outlines). Of course, these could be changed for other towns.

The balance of the lots (4 town lots shown, two to the east and west on the road, and 47 additional Village lots in the current plan for my Town sized ... Town) would be distributed on the east and west banks in a more standard configuration.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.