Helping with Ideas for Player Owned Towns Templates

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Winfield, Jan 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

A couple of more submissions for town templates. These are both coastal with grassland biomes and appeared in my town thread months ago. The exact layout of the rivers / roads / lots don't really matter, they are mostly illustrative to give a feel of what I was thinking.

The first loosely modelled on Königsberg while the second has more of a Venice vibe. I'd hope that Ardoris assets could be re-used. However, I wouldn't want all the raised areas that Ardoris has. I 'd prefer if the walkways were flat and just above the water level.

Design 1

[​IMG]

Design 2

[​IMG]

2. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Here is my latest city layout that I have drawn up in paint...Not good but it does cover the basic lot placement etc...I am not sure what we are doing here...I was still awaiting the dev meeting for the town layout etc....but not sure if that's all changed...Completely confused here :(

[​IMG]

3. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

Draft for a Town (first step; missing descriptions and smaller stuff, did not count the lots,but its pretty late right now, so I will continue tomorrow)
    Open for suggestions.
    (looks a little bit like Ardoris, but should be smaller, more townish with trees; the castle on the right side should be on a cliff)

[​IMG]

Miracle Dragon and Themo Lock like this.
  4. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

mbomber and Themo Lock like this.
  5. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

I am coming in late to the development cycle, I did not know this game even existed until about a month ago!

As such, I am really behind as far as understanding all that will be involved with designing a player town should I decide to buy one. (And with prices going up soon, I need to decide quickly!) This tool, where you added the rectangles with the appropriate lot sizes, is a really helpful to someone like me with a sharp learning curve to tackle. Your designs opened up my eyes to what is possible and I thank you so much for that!

I wanted to mention something else, your city, Blackstone Bluff, is simply amazing. I also saw your castle in Owl's Head. Nice!

In any case, cheers!

Fiownyn Wyldemane
    Transcriber, Lyricist, Band Member
    Les Beaux Chapeaux, LoTRO, Landroval

mbomber and majoria70 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.