Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Highlight Strength and Reticle

Discussion in 'Release 50 Feedback Forum' started by Browncoat Jayson, Jan 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I love that the highlighting has returned, and I'm excited to use it. However, it seems that the Highlight Strength option now controls both the targeting highlighting AND the fading of the reticle. And I do NOT want to see the reticle.

Any way we can get these separated, or just add a checkbox to disable the reticle completely and leave them tied together for those who want to use both?

Sara Dreygon, Barugon and Grimbone like this.
  2. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

I do not want to see the reticle either. Please make an option to disable the reticle!

Sara Dreygon and Barugon like this.
  3. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

4. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

I prefer the reticle myself. I find that the highlighting is rather obtrusive and ruins the aesthetics. I'm didn't mind the targeting reticle, as it didn't block my view of the mob I'm hunting. I agree that the highlighting/reticle strength slider should be decoupled. It's too bad they didn't go with maybe highlighting the ground at a targets feet instead, that at least wouldn't ruin the look of the mob you're fighting.

5. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Agreed. I like the reticle highlight strong but want the mob highlight to be weak. Decoupling would be awesome as there seems to be a lot of people that like one but not the other.

Tamsen, twofoldsilence and Sorthious like this.
  6. redfish

redfish Avatar

I prefer the reticle, and don't understand the argument that it makes the game like a FPS since all of the Ultima games had targeting reticles/selectors in some form (if you all remember).

But, yea, as much as there is disagreement, and the devs decide to include both, there should be an option to separate them imo.

7. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

My reason is I am a heavy armor, 2 handed mace user. I hit 3 targets at once in melee range and do not need the reticle. It is really not needed for melee.

8. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Another problem I noticed last night is, when I had Ring of Fire(I'm sure this applies to other spells) casted, I couldn't see the highlighting. At least with the reticle I could see what I was targeting(even in this situation the reticle was a little hard to see). Basically, I want to be able to see what my target is in the least obtrusive manner.

Tamsen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.