Holdfast POT

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by scruffycavetroll, Mar 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scruffycavetroll

scruffycavetroll Avatar

Still thinking about getting one, not really sure why, but does anyone know if any of the holdfast templates have a river running through it?

I was thinking if I'm going to get a town, any size, i'd like it to have a river / stream going through it.

Tahru likes this.
  2. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

No templates have been shown to us yet. But based on Winfield's conversations with the Devs, it seems the templates will be more like individual assets to place instead of entire prebaked scenes.

Tahru, Lord-Galiwyn and steanne like this.
  3. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

As best I can tell, based on:
    • working with ideas from the players in the template thread,
    • the PoT online store purchase statement "We will build player owned towns from templates and modify them based on requests. Players can submit layout requests for the town, including NPC building location, and we will get as close as we can based on our starting templates."
    • some conversation with the Developers
    ... the scenes will be based on templates and town owners can request some options or customizations (standard statement). Yet I think all is still a bit fluid as the Devs and Players balance out what is feasible and possible within costs and time constraints.

I hope we will see various templates to choose from to support our PoT design submissions. I would imagine many might come to exist over time that will be close to what is a good fit for many owners. Then we can request some customization such as "I'd like a river" if we don't see it in a template.

I am really encouraged by the Devs work on the PoT ideas lately, particularly Darkstarr's post about "Player Owned Towns Update: Scope, NPC Buildings, Icons, etc." So I think we PoT owners will get our ideas heard and decided upon over the next short months. In the meantime, we wait for final details and we can continue to build our communities of people. That's what I think as of now.

I hope this helps a bit!

4. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

We don't know what the templates are yet, so there's no way to tell if there will be a river.

As far as customizations, such as adding a river, Starr told me the only intended customization would be dividing housing areas into a mix of plot sizes we would choose.

That isn't to say it won't change in the future, but right now we don't know anything.

Tahru likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.