Homesteading - Renting, Buying, Living on Grace, and More!

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Zap, Oct 5, 2015.

?

Assuming your conditions are satisfied, would you pay to rent land from a Player Owned Town?

1. Yes, but only in in-game gold.

2. Yes, but only in real world currency.

3. Yes, either in in-game gold or in real world currency.

4. No, I would not pay rent for land in a Player Owned Town under any circumstances.

5. I will not rent from a Player Owned Town under any circumstances.

6. I will not be living in a Player Owned Town under any circumstances.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

That would be very strange since the village lot deeds in the addon store was almost sold out with less than 10-30 remaining for over months.
    Unless...
    A)
    You count the purchase of a <10 deeds by an individual as "a large number in a coordinated effort"
    B)
    You are again scare mongering based on rumors

Again this is simple scare mongering.

It's like a tabloid headline with "children living with satanists", which upon inspection turns out that in countries with freedom of religion, people of any religion are in fact allowed to raise their own children regardless of what other people might think of said religion.

Of course there will be a % of addon store deeds that will be used in all three options we have for placement NPC/PRT/POT. Some deeds will of course be purchased with the intent to use in NPC towns, others in POT towns.

However neither scenario limits those deeds to such placement. Someone who started out in a POT might move to an NPC town and vice versa.

Why do you keep doing this @Greyfox? I don't get it.
    ...and if you feel wrongly singled out by this post, then
    A) provide the source and numbers for your "a large number in a coordinated effort" statement.
    then
    B) explain why there was any need to point out that deeds purchased in the addon store can be used either in game controlled towns or player controlled towns, without mentioning that they can still be moved to the other at any point in time

Melissa, mbomber, cartodude and 3 others like this.
  2. Womby

Womby Avatar

Every POT island has the banker at the entry point, and every economic zone has at least one POT island. There is nothing stopping you from temporarily storing stuff in the bank at any convenient POT island. (Last I looked that was not the case with other biomes, but they may change.)

3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

All POTs have a Town Crier/Banker, but in the default template (Forest01 "PaxLair") it is in the middle of the scene. That one will hopefully move soon™ to a more convenient location next to the entrance.
    This is what I think will be happening all over the place and there is no indication otherwise.

You pick up your stuff
    travel to a new region
    search for a convenient town (of any kind, including NPC & POT)
    dump your tools and bits in the local bank
    go out adventuring and collect loot
    head back to town to offload, repair, craft, etc
    then head out again to adventure and loot
    then when done with a region or quest or whatever, you sell what you don't need and pick up your stuff and move to the next region.

This is just as true for people with housing as it is for those without, since travelling from region to region takes time. So you don't want to go all the way back to your housing or home base, and then trek all the way back again to the POI adventure of the day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.