Housing and rent cost reductions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Well, I think its time to do some math and lets see how long it takes to make a tax free pot row lot deed to pay itself off, even before the tax changes. Lets say they are worth 800k, I am not sure on the value. So, in order to save 800k, at 500 coin per day, it would take 1600 days or 4.38 years to break even with the purchase. I have to side with the people saying your tax free stuff will be worth 0 if the game fails, I think its best to let the taxes get reduced to get new people to get into and stay playing the game.

2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Although the amount for a row deed is now 250 a day, you still have made the correct point. The tax-free lot deeds encourage spending up-front for pledges/bundles, in lieu of 2-3 years of lot taxes, as well as longer expire times and no need to keep manually adding money to a lot's tax account.

Witcheypoo, Krissa Lox and Mac2 like this.
  3. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Yes, and I think they are worth more like 1 mil. so with that information and lets set it to the taxes as they are now. 1,000,000 at 250 per day, 4000 days or 10.95 years to break even. I like math, it really puts thing in perspective.

Witcheypoo, Krissa Lox and Elwyn like this.
  4. Krissa Lox

Krissa Lox Avatar

Yeah, this was a conclusion I made pretty early on too, so I sold off my tax-free deed and replaced it with a taxed deed bought with IGG and never regretted it. Though I thought expire times were tied to pledge level and not affected by actual deed ownership?

5. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

You can prepay taxes for 90 days. That is compareable to a 90 day expire. The tax free deed from the bundles have 120 days expire time. The ones from the pledges reaches as far as 360 days expire time.
    However, tax free is a far more relaxing way to enjoy the game. Tax payers need to "work" before they can enjoy the game.
    The game feels different for tax payers and tax free people. It is not all math and numbers only.

Witcheypoo and Elwyn like this.
  6. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

Reminder....
    The Rent is Too Damn High Party of Novia is still not happy.
    Deed for appeasing the Oracle is a first step. 5 acres towards that 40 plus a mule.
    Speaking as an elitist with tons of deeds but seeing peers I lured in still struggling with property management.

Witcheypoo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.