How dyes work

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Poor game design, Dec 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rip Saya

Rip Saya Avatar

And people say girls have too much drama ;3

Fister Magee, Greyfox and Spoon like this.
  2. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

So our "HARDCORE" PVPers can't dress their dolls up all in black to look cool without the possibility of losing a few bucks?

How about you PVP in Pink and Yellow?

Check out EVE if you want to feel real PVP threat of loss. I lost a ship valued at $1k in EVE and came right back the next day with a better ship.

Why are some of you wasting Dev time on such a trivial matter? Do NOT go to PVP in black or white if you can't afford the cost. DS has more important issues than worrying about something such as this.

Please consider the needs of the game before anyone bothers him and the other DEVS with something so pointless! DS didn't have time to place my Metro he damn sure doesn't have time to worry about this topic.

Nothing to see here, move along now.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Kind sir, you obviously think this issue is a trivial black and white issue that has no value (pun intended). You may not be alone and the developers may share your opinion. That's fine.

The reason I posted this feedback was because I do not want to buy non-replenishing consumables for real cash. I will instead buy black and white dyes in-game from people that have no problem doing that. So it won't be that I can't wear black or white, that's not the issue. It will be that Portalarium gets less money than they would have, from me. Personally I believe that's exactly the kind of thing the devs should be worried about, since it could have a direct impact on their ability to effectively fund the game (should more people agree). Not because one person won't buy an $8 dye. But because maybe I'm not the only person that has an aversion to paying money for something that will be used one time and can be arbitrarily lost due to lag or exploit.

Although I appreciate your EVE comparison, I must explain why that actually reinforces my concerns about this business decision. You see, I don't play EVE. So not only would I not lose a ship valued at 1k, the people that make EVE wouldn't get my money in the first place. I find that fact trumps whatever outrage you may feel about this thread.

Good day.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  4. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

So the store has both black and white dyes as consumables, and a new bundle of non-replenishable firework rockets.

I think the firework rockets are a great consumable for the add-on store, but now that they are becoming so prevalent in the game, it's beginning to feel like there should now be in-game craftable versions of fireworks for us to make. If craftable fireworks become a thing, I feel that would reassure many that this game is not add-on store-centric. In-game craftables can be seasonal too you know, just have certain items/parts of the recipe required to craft them only show up during the particular season (as loot off a seasonal mob and/or in-game items to buy with gold off a seasonal traveling vendor, or even based off seasonal planetary alignment crafting).

Please continue to make a game with in-game options to acquire alongside the consumable and other add-on store items.

5. Drocis the Devious

I agree. I'd just add that I'd like to see a replenishing dye in the add-on store. I think having consumables without the option to buy a slightly more expensive replenishing version is not good for the game. The one thing about making someone craftable in-game does though is it takes away the exclusivity of what's being sold. So if you can craft black and white dyes in-game, it's unclear why you would buy it in the add-on store.

6. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Drocis,

By your own admittance you have a solution and a viable one that won't decrease funding. You will pay in game gold for black dye from someone willing to spend money. Well add me to your friends list because I am always lacking gold and will happily be your supplier.

Problem solved. Now please stop interrupting DS who is too kind and will waste time answering you even when there isn't an issue.

My issue with this thread is you felt so important as to summon a DEV and waste even seconds of their time.

Sean Silverfoot and Fister Magee like this.
  7. Drocis the Devious

Actually Darkstarr told me to make this thread and then he came here and answered my question.

Darkstarr is a big boy and often does not come and answer my questions. I will leave it up to him to decide when if ever to do that. This forum is for feedback both to and from the devs. It doesn't work if you don't give feedback.

I put @DarkStarr on things that I hope he takes some time to read. My expectation is never that he will stop valuable development time in order to write a post in reply.

8. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Fair enough.

@DS (don't want to summon) if you read this, the problem is solved by the community. I'll personally supply the Mighty Baron Drocis with all the black paint he can possibly want. (Please in all seriousness PM me how many you want. Have your gold ready.)

I'm sure others will step up to the demand as well.

9. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

My two cents. The dyes should allow the purchaser to dye items black or white for 24 hours. After that time the items revert and can be dyed again. The dye itself will have infinite uses and be unlootable. Any object you dye that is looted will only stay black until the 24 hours is up, so the color becomes pretty much meaningless as far as looting is concerned.

10. Kacey Cupcakes

Kacey Cupcakes Avatar

JUST buy an addon store clothing item and then buy the dye. Apply the dye to the clothing you purchased, and there you go. Non-Lootable black clothes.

11. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

The wedding bandits!!

Can the wedding clothes be dyed?

12. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

yes

13. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

This brings up another good question. Why does everyone want to PvP in cloth armor/clothes?

Ice Queen likes this.
  14. Kacey Cupcakes

Kacey Cupcakes Avatar

I am only speaking about WHAT CAN be dyed at the moment. Leather and Metal can NOT be dyed currently.

15. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

Ah ok

16. Drocis the Devious

I want them at launch. If you can provide that for in-game gold I'll gladly do business with you or anyone else that asks a fair price.

17. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

I will absolutely be willing to do that at launch. If I don't melt any of the ones I've purchased so far I should be rolling in dyes by then lol

18. RevJerk

RevJerk Avatar

true.... but seriously.. do PVP'ers need a REASON to kill someone? :)

19. Drocis the Devious

No. But they often need a reason to roleplay. And this takes a step away from giving them opportunities to do so.

I'm into meaningful pvp that often involves roleplaying. That shouldn't involve a forced connection to the add-on store. The player market takes care of it though, much like housing. So there's always that.

20. redfish

redfish Avatar

Killing someone for wearing a white robe, just because white is so valuable in the add-on shop, actually makes PvP feel more meta-gaming than role-playing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.