How much more effort are we going to dump in to pvp development?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Olddog, Apr 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

No, they were working on it, it got delayed and chris afterwards mentioned he hoped to start on it at the begining of this year but a buncha crap that delayed a bunch of stuff happened.

Time Lord, Elwyn, Jaesun and 3 others like this.
  2. Gia2

Gia2 Avatar

Relax folks, we dont have a proper pvp (and we constantly get ridiculed by "The Niche", because:

- General Toxic behaviour

- 2 Lifethreathening people

- Unhealthy situation in Portalarium office. Sickness is very common over there apparently. Global warming!

- No more Office
    (which did not resolved the #1 issue, weird..)
    From march to april we got Dev sicknesses, Dev Holidays, Office issues, Boxes not sent..

- Wrong Customer-Producer way of interaction. We should avoid forums and go in that Niche discord channel and watch twitch. Website info and patchnotes are vague guys. You wont know there if the updates/changes/Artefacts are truly in the game or they "forgot to implement that mechanic", like EVERY time they introduce something they forget to insert in the final build.

Is there anything worth of mention that actually blocks and prevent the interation between customer PvP Oriented and the Sellers of the product itself?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  3. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Id be more inclined, if it were me, to talk about stuff put directly in front of me, which seems to be how all the devs opperate.

While its fine to ***** about that and incite anger etc (what else are the forums for!) if i seriously want an answer, i pay attention to where he is having discussions and go put my question there until he answers it.

And im curious about castle siege progress now so im off to annoy them about that \o/

Time Lord, Elwyn and Gia2 like this.
  4. Gia2

Gia2 Avatar

This is a very interesting flip of the canonical Customer-Producer way of interact. Let's see if it's gonna replace the entire world of manufacturing, retail and mass producing of goodies.

You pay for goodie. Not enough: pay interest in which ways the producer decides to get feedback into.
    LALALAND Arkah. Seriously. Don't mark pvpers as people who doesnt know/care how to give feedbacks. We gave them thousands of thousands. They are simply deaf.
    Selective deaf. Deaf about pvp but all ears for Fish expansion.
    How many players Sota pulled/retained thanks to the fishing?
    How many times we have to say that 1 animation for all the spells in the game is ridicolous?
    How many times we have to say that 3 UI windows that require you to click to get the ransom, is not working at all in a fight (where you stop move,cast heal or whatever cause the UIs for the dead enemy prevent you to do those)
    Repair locked gear?
    Hard lock of targets?
    Oxclusion culling properly set
    Removal of the 45 yards limit of the targeting
    Factions
    And so on, thousands of threads there. Selective deaf and priorities. Should i simply provide google images/screenshots like others and activate the sheep mode?

I'm not inciting anger Arkah, I am , like others, totally bored of this totally broken mess of productive system after lies and lies about rarities, priorities and many other things

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  5. Hillt

Hillt Avatar

Vacations... seems every release something is delayed due to someone being on vacation.

Dhanas likes this.
  6. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Wahts going on with pvp castle sieges? Question reguarding PvP as it works in shadowbane asked at about 1h 15m into the stream and discussed until 1f20m where he says

"part of what we are tryign to figure out fromt he dugneon stuff is the prelude to Castle Siege and castle stuff. Because alot of that will not be jsut standing around defendign castle stuff, alot of it will be building castles and putting them together and stuff. The dungeon stuff was a precursor to some of the stuff we wanted to put into castle and siege stuff"

7. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I didn't. Told you how i get answers. Told you what works. Not everything has to be twisted into some discriminatory remark about PvPers

8. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

So instead of having a voice, because we cant get online during live streams we can not have our questions/concerns heard?

I have to go directly to chris in his stream to figure out anything?

Seems like a one sided bullcrap way to handle things.....

FruityTooty, Xandra7, Bioxide and 3 others like this.
  9. parallelogram

parallelogram Avatar

What you are doing is a prime example of what we are talking about. You are arguing from emotion and disguising it as logic. You would never talk to an anti-pvper this way, please speak to us with respect and stop making backhanded comments. The backhanded comments and the ellipses in speech are exactly what I mean by grief on message boards. We are here discussing real topics with facts and when you asked to provide more facts I have done so. PvPers are just like anyone else, saying we are "tough" and then constantly insulting us needs to stop immediately.

Jaesun likes this.
  10. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

a little off topic but: I had no idea sieged pvp areas were gonna be customizable. That sounds kind cool for somehting you can capture and take control of

Time Lord and MrBlight like this.
  11. parallelogram

parallelogram Avatar

Can someone find the video from old UO where they talk about how PVE was the focus and PVP emerged from it unintentionally? Someone artfully depicted the amazing need that PVE and PVP has for eachother. Look at Albion, completely crafted economy. 40k+ users online. PVP + PVE. Same as World of Warcraft. The most successful of all MMOs focused on both. I can not disagree with you more.

On the flip side, all the PVP focused games are a complete failure. They are all missing something.

Boris Mondragon and Hillt like this.
  12. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Drilikath
    When you say "we" in the quote above, who is "we" ?

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  13. parallelogram

parallelogram Avatar

Another note - No one even cares that another player threatened my life over PvP. It would be different if I were a PvE player. Apparently, we are "tough". It was a prominent guild leader of the community and he did it publicly. If I were any other player this person would be permanently banned from the game. So you want to laugh at us, chastise us, and threaten our lives and families and we are supposed to just be "tough". I get it. We literally do not matter to you and we are saying you matter to us. There is nothing to lose with any sort of focus on PvP, only gains. Look at the major successful titles: UO, AC, WoW, Shadowbane, and more. They were PvE and PvP. You must have a well rounded and successful game that caters to the largest international audience. I want to see this game outlive Ultima Online and without some focus on PvP, I do not see it happening. If I continue to be treated like a sub-human by people like Frost then I am leaving this game again because it's boring.

Time Lord likes this.
  14. parallelogram

parallelogram Avatar

The people who work during the day, Frost. The people who are at work during the stream. That is what he means. Would you like any other simple facts clarified? I have never seen you in the game and I do not know who you are, you have 4318 messages. It seems you have a lot of questions that need answering before you play this game. Please feel free to message me in game as "Para" if you need any help or guidance. I am usually of great assistance to new players.

15. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Ok, good... you're online and we can have a nice civil discussion.

As per the above quote, you say "what you are doing is a prime example".

Could you look back and show me what I've said here that qualifies as "arguing from emotion and disguising it as logic" please ?
    What emotional response do you discern from me ?

Once we get that part out of the way, we can proceed.

16. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@parallelogram
    You may not have noticed, but that question was directed to Drilikath since I quoted what he said.
    Unless you are now speaking for Drilikath ?

17. parallelogram

parallelogram Avatar

Your questions are so simple and are so easily learned by simple googling. When I read them, I am thinking that they are back handed remarks due to being emotionally attached to your premise. You are so engrossed in your premise that I am taking most of these simple questions that you can self answer as insults. I asked a few ancient players who you were in game and no one knew, so I apologize as I have found out you are likely someone who has yet to play SOTA and you probably are asking basic questions before you decide to play.

18. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I simply asked you to clarify for me what you saw that I posted that was "arguing from emotion and disguising it as logic".
    Apparently you can't ?
    Feel free to quote me when answering this simple question .

Sean Silverfoot and Bioxide like this.
  19. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I couldn't agree any more with @oplek's comment quoted above.
    Disagreeing with someone here is "griefing" .

20. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Lol.... I have over 13,000 hrs in SotA, and have played daily for over 5 years now.
    Any other questions, @parallelogram ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.