Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

I just lost interest in R9

Discussion in 'Release 9 Feedback' started by docdoom77, Aug 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

"Growing Pains"
    All of my previous posts have mentioned my crashes and problems connecting, but should be kept in their context, "my connection to the web sux on the weekends" because all the Thai people are at home clogging Thailand's thin internet system. My connection runs hot (good) to cold (bad) which doesn't help things. I'll be getting a provider that sux less later, but for the OP of this thread, this does point to one of the factors that limit our playtime in our limited release playtime we have. Others here have their playtime limited by other real life constraints, which limit their playtime for gathering up all that is needed to be competitive or have deeper play ability. I'll have to wait until later (3 hours from now) so that my connection is not so clogged with users.

"More Options in Equipment are Needed Upfront"
    I think our developers know this, but I think those things may have to wait until next release to acquire. Maybe a vendor is needed at each of our PvP sites for easier access to what is being done there, which is testing our combat skill designs. Maybe within our caverns and sewers we need to have those quests have more crafting things as their rewards in the way of resources. There needs to be an faster way for our craftsmen to get what they need, which is not what you get off monsters right now.

"Skills and Balance of Style"
    We have seen 2 evolutions of our skills thus far. In R8 we had our combat skill's introduction. Mages ruled and Espada showed us some hidden advantages of other things. In this release we have a further enhancement to ranged combat in the form of archery taking a respectable stand within our system. Armor hasn't had it's day yet, nor have melee skills taken the forefront in battles yet. I don't think we will be seeing balance anytime soon, because our skills are each taking a step forward with every build and I expect that will continue. we we talk about balance, it's always from the position of our preferred style of playing, Mage, Archer, Melee. I myself love the design and look for our Chris to continue to create skills that are not only effective, but very fun to get hit with... (I love the stun effects)... I am one of the Kung-Fu crowd that look for the Rogue to slowly emerge from everything, but that will take a long while as we need the basics to first emerge and become more complete (but they're never going to be complete, just more enhanced as we progress along in our game's evolution). Currently I'm enjoying the "regless" spells because I don't want to have to look all over the place like a junky looking for a reg fix or an archer looking for arrows.

I'm looking forward to each new step forward but treading too many times across the pathways I have before in collecting everything I need to test what I want to test or what I'm involved in testing.
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

2. Oakwind

Oakwind Avatar

I just wanted a good set of armour.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. Zyco

Zyco Avatar

4. redfish

redfish Avatar

I'll find you the greatest blacksmith.

Jynx and Time Lord like this.
  5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

The Other Beer Knight from ComiCon 2012 :p

Did we loose interest or what? o_O
    Bring on R10! :D
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Jynx, Isaiah [MGT] and Zyco like this.
  6. Bambi Alyenare

Bambi Alyenare Avatar

Sorry, it's cloth or paper armor for joo! ;)

[​IMG]

Jynx, Zyco and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.