Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

I killed the wolf pack leader!! Oh, wait, I didn't?

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by Lord_Darkmoon, Feb 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

Think about how that'll work with control points, too :D And in multiplayer with guild vs guild wars.

Sir Cabirus and Lord_Darkmoon like this.
  2. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

There is no Batlin level MOB respawning at this point. I don't see that happening either.

Looking at Ultima 7. Set out of Britania heading west. You will likely run into a few bandits. Kill them, loot them, realize you want to sell some of the loot and turn back to town. On second though, after traveling east for a few seconds you decide to drop the loot and carry on westward. Opps, bandits are back.

Or even worse, 1 silly bandit decided to flee and your party followed. When you head back to the original spot the combat started, so you can loot the corpses left behind. All the bandits respawn.

You were heading to the cave Batlin sent you to, the one with a dragon Baltin was hoping would dispatch you. As you are navigating the maze for a cave you spot that dragon on the other side of the wall. O.O woah let me back up and rethink my plan, I may not be geared/ready for a dragon. Move back in sight of the dragon... now there is 2.

I understand what you are saying. Trust me I do. But a little clarification on what should respawn and what should not goes a long way. Saying no Batlin should respawn, well if the way they make this story driven game sound, Batlin level boss MOBs will not respawn. However, some MOBs should respawn, and SotA is probably better off than any other MMO I have seen. (with potential to manage respawn)

Tahru likes this.
  3. redfish

redfish Avatar

I just want to note, even if certain areas are "cleared" and take some game time to have monsters respawn (repopulate, or have reinforcements to arrive), there should always be plenty of areas to go to in the game. So just a single area being unavailable for grinding for a while shouldn't be a gameplay issue, except if you want to stay in one location and do camp grinding all day.

It would be like in Skyrim, or any single player RPG -- if I clear an area, I find another area to fight. Except it would be even more lenient than that, because "cleared" areas would get repopulated.

Sebastion and Lord_Darkmoon like this.
  4. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

This is my preferred thinking too.

A cave loaded with skeletons can keep spawning skeletons because at the bottom of that cave is a lich reanimating them. Kill the lich and the respawns stop.

The empty cave later becomes a home for some kobold. Ignore the kobolds long enough and you have an infestations. (them suckers like to breed)

Sebastion and Lord_Darkmoon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.