I know Dungeon Entrances are krypts, but...

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Vallin Tregres, Dec 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

Given how the store entrances are all teleporters, can we have it so they can be placed on different house levels rather than being limited to the first floor?

[​IMG]

2. Floors

Floors Avatar

I think there's a technical reason why it can't happen yet. But since the system is part of R2 and is really just in right now so money can be collected and dungeons can be designed, perhaps it'll change as more of the system comes online over the next 90 days.

3. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

Figured that, for now at least, the limitations of being on the first floor was more of just an easy way to get it implemented earlier by having much of it copy/pasted from basement coding. I have no problem with that, it lets us play around with dungeons earlier. I just hope that it's not a permanent restriction given that ALL the purchasable entrances from the store are teleporters.

Alley Oop likes this.
  4. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

I'd love dungeon entrances that look like doors (without the "open and step through" functionality: simple doors, fancy doors, spooky-looking doors, doors disguised as bookshelves... For dungeons that are just a secret or not-so-secret additional part of a house or basement. Or really anything for a non-magical dungeon entrance. I'm sure very much is going to be added at a later time, though, so I'm just waiting and crossing my fingers.

5. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Vallin, what is your relationship with the quoted part above that is in your signature?

6. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

I'm no psychologist, but I've always found the subject fascinating and enjoy psychological horror stories because they try to evoke senses other than "fight or flight". It's rare, however, that such a story can weigh on my mind long after the stories conclusion. I respect the work of the small team behind the project and enjoy sharing with those who have yet to hear about it. There's no relationship beyond me sharing something I enjoy with others, though if anyone here is a streamer or youtuber I'd also enjoy watching any of their blind playthroughs of the game. ;)

As an RPer I enjoy creating events which cause the players to weigh their options as it offers more character development. To think before they act. So any story that leaves me questioning the motives of the concept is just very appealing to me.

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.