I love the wind in this game.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jekyll, Mar 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I agree I have missed the thunderstorm we had for a while. Some of the best sounds in the game and those are few and far between. I have read that sounds can cause lag but still we are missing some basics imo. Chopping a tree still sounds quite a bit like beating on a drum for example.

Sounds I do not like are when the game music starts to play in the middle of a song we are syncing. That is a bad design. Just because a song pauses does not mean it's over.

Also another complaint. One of the sound people we had changed the aeroplane emote voice and sounds. Can we please get a roll-back to the old aeroplane emote voice and sound. It was adorable. It always made me smile. The new re-do to that emote is just not as good. Please, please @DarkStarr

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    Feeyo likes this.
  2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

You're right... I haven't seen a thunderstorm in some time now...
    Perhaps a bug report is in order.

majoria70 likes this.
  3. redfish

redfish Avatar

I'd still love it if weather were local and regional and weather events showed up on the overland map. If its tied to hexes on the overland map, it could even show up in some encounter scenes but not others, which would be especially interesting in sea travel (coming up), and then we could have magic affected by weather (something they've been saying since Kickstarter!)

For the wind, I would like to see in heavy storms that the wind has a chance to do the equivalent of a Gust, some knockback, knockdown in the rare circumstances a storm is strong enough.

4. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

They could even implement the same effect as having a too full inventory bag when there is a very hard wind blowing. But they should add that effect to the mobs also or else it is not worth it.

5. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.