Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

I'd love to fight something other than wolves and bears

Discussion in 'Release 21 Feedback' started by Poor game design, Sep 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

I just posted this in the general forums, I think it would make wolves, spiders, and other animals more interesting,

Day/night animal activity

2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I know Richard talked about his affinity for "safe roads" in the telethon. I think day/night cycles and "safe roads" all make tons of sense. I feel like having some time when it's just plain dangerous to be out and about (like night) is a good thing. People can go socialize during that time, or goto areas of the game "like dungeons" where they already know what they're in for. Meanwhile it gives day time and roads a good time to explore.

Seems like a great balance to me.

Kaisa likes this.
  3. Lathiari

Lathiari Avatar

I agree with you, it's also annoying fighting monsters that feel like they "don't matter" which wolves, spiders and bears fit the bill of. The spiders are especially vicious and I hate them so.. such a pointless fight with no reward and allot of risk. I don't feel like you are merely trying to say "wolves and spiders are boring man I want predators and crap" but you are more so trying to say "this just isn't rewarding or fun to be forced into doing this for so long." It's hard to buy the line that you are the epic hero when all you do is leave Soltown and slap around some woodland creatures for a few hours. I remember spending a significant amount of time in the graveyards in Ultima Online back in the day as a new player, it always felt kind of dangerous and epic to be fighting these monsters and when you could finally move up to something like the dungeon north of brit (lizards, ettins etc) it felt even better. Gust ball grinding/weeks of bears/spiders/wolves cannot be the way to go, hopefully they are well aware of this and we see a change in the future.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Well, there's a lot of us who agree with you regarding the difficulty fighting spiders vs the amount of damage they do, the paltry resources they carry and how ever present in virtually every area they seem to be.
    You might want to join the discussion here.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I hear you Baron about creatures to fight. Also I don't care for walking a couple of feet and seeing oh surprise another bear who will attack me. Well if I could do something interesting, like climb a tree or get out my torch and wave it at him, but why are there creatures every few feet to attack. Luckily that doesn not happen at yellowstone national park. Yikes if it did. Why are they standing around? I just don't like it, but I am ok with it since I am so hoping for more. and also hoping that this is just the first iteration of creatures in the game, and hoping their many variety of behaviors (AI) are just not in the game yet.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.