Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Im not happy with the looting....What about you?

Discussion in 'Release 5 Feedback' started by Robby, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robby

Robby Avatar

So, you carve up bodies to get hides and all you do is push the take all button. Chest looting is all just clicking the words from a list that pops up when you get into a chest.
    I miss the days when your backpack was full of items that you could organize and shift around any way you want and it wasnt just a boring list of items. =(
    I know, its so much less cumbersome... but its so much less fun.
    I just love the on the edge feeling when your in a dungeon and pulling out each peice of gold, silver, jewel, weapon, and armour and hoping a skeletal mage doesnt pop out at ya. I guess we can keep this list based inventory, but there should be something with looting treasure and stuff that is somewhat cumbersome and gives you the on-the-edge feeling that UO had. Like, once you pick the chest, it pops up just like treasure chests did in UO and you have to click and drag items and treasure into your backpack, and you see your character loading stuff in a bag by the chest while you do all this. You can click out of it in case an orc comes by with an axe, stand up and run or fight.

I think we should keep the take all option for mining and harvesting leather or foraging though...

Hazard and Time Lord like this.
  2. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

You have list inventory enabled? I don't, it's in the options. I still get the old UO style. Check your options, uncheck the box for list inventory mode.

Hope that helps. (BTW, I LOVE switching between them, I use the free-form bag most of the time, but if i lose something I switch to list and grab it, then switch back, ITS AMAZING!)

3. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

If your client isn't updated properly it will force the list view instead of gump art view, that's what happened to me in r4, just make sure your client is up to date

Fireangel likes this.
  4. Maximus Katse

Maximus Katse Avatar

I'm up to date and I still have this problem no matter how much I toggle the option...might have to dump the install.

A bindable key for this would be a nice touch.

5. redfish

redfish Avatar

Better to just keep organized :) I hate how all the starter items were just dumped in one bag, forcing you to sift through them.

They need to make improvements to the freeform bag though. If something is a stack, I want to see that its a stack by its appearance, not have to mouse over it.

6. Robby

Robby Avatar

Oh so you can choose between the two?
    Ive been trying to log back into the game so I can switch to the old style of loot, but its crashed the last 10 times... I got so far as to get into the map and try to go to owl's head but its crashed each time with that as well... I just switched to single player for the first time wonder if the game just dont like me playing solo. Either that or all the chests in owls head create lag when their are items in them!

Time Lord and Eriador like this.
  7. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

getting items to stack feels a bit like pixel-hunting, too.
    Hopefully that can be refined.

8. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

You can choose. Anyway if you feel that "take all" button is not tha good you can just skip it. Easy.

9. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Even in list view you can still drag and drop items 1 at a time. I do this when I want some of the items but not all of them.

Keira Of CODB and The One like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.