Immersion

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Brother Lorien, Feb 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brother Lorien

Brother Lorien Avatar

Hello all,

I have been playing SotA for a bit now with the mindset of this beeing the new UO or at least a good replacement for it.
    So offcourse when i play i am comparing UO to SotA.

I have retyped this bit several times now , not really beeing able to get the wording right, so i'll put it bluntly:
    NO TEXT/CHAT BOX as main conversation spot please.
    What i found nice about UO is that you could see what people were saying by the text above thier heads and here i only saw my own text showing.
    I think this should be hardcoded in SotA aswell: its annoying to look at the text box , read what is beeing said and then having to look at the group of people to see who said it.
    Its the same thing that put me off in other games aswell.

I know the game is a long ways off from completion , but if your making a role playing game , immersion in the game and your character should be at a high priority.

2. redfish

redfish Avatar

You can see other players chat above their heads, its in the game right now.

FanofIolo and Themo Lock like this.
  3. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Just turn your chat box off.

FanofIolo likes this.
  4. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

The only drawback a 3D world has to the isometric for chat was that you could see the chat bubbles all around you, simulating hearing. Here, you miss it unless you are looking at them. I've had to refer to the chatbox to keep up. So, I guess that is my hearing simulator.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.