Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Improve visual inventory

Discussion in 'Release 12 Feedback' started by enderandrew, Nov 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I find the visual/gump inventory far more immersive and reminiscent of past Ultima titles. However, it is frustrating in that several items have large icons in your backpack, filling far too much of the interface making it near impossible to find items. Wood boards/planks, etc. are one such example. When gathering resources and crafting, your backpack turns into an unusable mess.

I know list view exists, but I believe the visual view can be fixed.

I know that large items should scale and appear larger in your backpack than a small item. And we can't scale all these items down too small, or they become frustrating to see or click on.

I know that some people want to keep bags open at all times while adventuring and have the bags small enough that they don't block too much of your screen while questing. Small bags/pouches should represent that which you can grab quickly while questing.

However, I propose that bags/pouches remain the same size and we just scale the backpack to be larger. Opening and rifling through your backpack from a realism standpoint should take you out of the game for a second. You can't dig through a backpack in combat, nor should you. If the backpack took up more screen real estate, you could still keep larger icons and yet find items in your screen.

2. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Please file bugs for items which are freakishly huge in "bag mode" under items and they will be fixed. Thank you!

majoria70 and Net like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.