Insider info

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Solazur, Jan 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

I was too tired to post last night after reading a very disturbing thread. Unfortunately .. that thread.. like so many lately has been halted .
    One thing stuck out to me although I didn't notice anybody else fully caught it.

The poster (not the OP) said they'd been discussing the EULA etc with @Cerus and had been informed that all RMT activity was against the TOS/EULA etc and was going to be halted.

Can you say shades of Dev+? I mean seriously... this just smacks of wrong in so many ways. Some may have forgotten the storm that arose when it was pointed out that Dev+ people were basically given a heads up when the cost of Obsidian chips was getting ready to go through the roof. Compared to what was stated last night.. the Dev+ debacle is like a visit to Pollyanna's house for afternoon tea. The question must present itself as to why these conversations were being had in the 1st place. I note that in closing said thread that Cerus did not refute the statement which lends to the credibility of it. If indeed such a preposterous action suddenly banning an activity that has been with us from the outset was being considered, I would submit that it should only have been discussed with parties who had signed NDA's on file. How, if the unrefuted claim is true.. can this bee seen as anything other than discussion of insider information. If true.. it would give the individual a huge opportunity for gain on information that should be public. It has long been the position of Port that the only restriction to doing RMT trading was that it had to be done via the appropriate forum section. Many of us, myself included have banks and chests full of swag/fluff that we have no intention of keeping for our own use; rather it's stuff we will most likely sell off to collectors. Take the moondial for example. What need do I have for a golden Moondial when I already have the original Darkstarr moondials, not to mention all the variations that have come since. Are we now going to be prevented from disposing of my unwanted assets?

As a backer/stockholder I have to say these are questions that demand an answer.
    I can't imagine how this wouldn't affect nearly everything about this game.. certainly it will impact the influx of $ on telethon days. I mean who really wants all the stuff we get with our $5?

I find the whole thing to be very disturbing.

2. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

3. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

Lol, dude no need to stress! LOL don't believe the trolls! People just post crap, no need to take it seriously.

4. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Please stop spreading rumors. Please wait for our official statement. Do NOT trust statements from other players, only trust statements from us.

Elwyn, Greyfox, Verit and 17 others like this.
  5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Berek - About RMT and what is allowed for trade, we will be responding in a separate formal update here in the forums and through our policy documents as soon as we finish reviewing everyone's recent comments. Please allow us this week to write this update, and for now, review the EULA and Marketplace announcements and policy posts for our current policy outlines.

OK, lets give them a week and see what comes from this.

6. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

Many thanks for easing concerns. I have many thousands of dollars put into this game to see it as a success and I'm hoping to make a bit off launch. Glad to hear this is being looked at, Starr! This could really hurt if all RMT is suddenly removed.

jamaplaya likes this.
  7. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

@DarkStarr Please... Talk to a real attorney specializing in the subject matter in question. Thx

The development of this game (and the forum as well) need to stop being hijacked by social engineers, snowflakes, crybabies, and crackpots.

This stops now. Figure out who your real backers are and stop feeding the trolls.

8. Addison

Addison Avatar

Wow this RMT stuff is getting out of control. Interested to see what the final determination will be and if I should just start unloading stuff now! :confused:

9. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

We are NOT going to block RMT. Official statement and updates to the EULA are being worked on. Please everyone try to remain calm.

Barugon, Nikko, Greyfox and 20 others like this.
  10. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

I wonder why you didnt post the complete msg. Ofc nothing is decided.
    Geez just try to find any other game that allows RMT with a no look policy selling in the EU and think logically. The amount if hate I faced here is incredible. If you want to believe sth else do so. I dont care. But it seems money is truly the root of all evil in people.

11. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

I hope these are all just rumors ...id like the option to sell stuff for $$ even if i use it rarely. Also noticed alot of destructive posts recently , lots of finger pointing ...we're really close for launch and everyone should be all fairies and angels...and not trying to point out all day long the flaws but the great stuff. I honestly think till launch day all posts that are just flaming or detrimental to the game rep should just be deleted...locking a thread is not enough.

12. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Locking thread. As Starr already stated, we are NOT removing RMT, this is a wild rumor only. We will have a formal policy update later this week on RMT, please wait for that announcement for clarification on the existing EULA and Marketplace posts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.