Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Is blink too OP for open PVP?

Discussion in 'Release 31 Feedback Forum' started by Xail, Jul 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xail

Xail Avatar

Not sure...maybe not...maybe yes...I was reflecting on it...

I fear either if you have a melee build or a range build in open PVP it will end up being all a blinking game when a melee fight a range build or viceversa...I could be wrong...

Yours thoughts on it?

Lucky1221 and DuKe NuKeM like this.
  2. Gix

Gix Avatar

Hard to tell. There are already a few skills that facilitate closing in on your target, so.

DuKe NuKeM likes this.
  3. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Blinkers aren't a problem usually, at least, that isn't a skill that helps much. I can Charge (Shield Skill) easily and often do, that has a range of 10, and makes my target instantly melee range, and I have and love Obsidian arrow, at 30 range, go ahead, blink :)

4. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

You could even level up engage, that the range increases as you level it up with. I don't know what the fizzle and range is like on night step, but maybe that can be used to overcome blink? There is also stealth. There are so many abilities that limit a melee person, but they have advantages too. Ice field can really limit a melee player, ranged kiting can limit a melee person, ice arrow can limit a melee person, root can limit a melee person. Now for the advantages. Ranged/mage abilities have reagents and arrows that cost money where melee does not suffer from this. I mage can do nothing without focus where a melee can still auto attack, use off hand attack (It has 0 focus cost), and use a charged attack. It is also really fast to level up the base weapon skill. mage abilities, not so easy. You can see in the tourneys that mages have a hard time in the beginning, as melee does not have as hard of a time getting their skills up. It is WAY more work to level a mage then it is to level a weapon user, and I can use between 10,000-30,000 coins worth of regs a day.

DuKe NuKeM and Fister Magee like this.
  5. Xail

Xail Avatar

the only one that potentially can have that reach is night step and does not work well and you have to pump moon attunement that sucks big time...

DuKe NuKeM likes this.
  6. Xail

Xail Avatar

Can charge reach +30 range?...nope...Obsidian arrow is a ranged attack so it does not qualify...in the problem that no one can stay close to a blinker...no melee can...without also having blink + body slam ...

DuKe NuKeM likes this.
  7. Xail

Xail Avatar

...for night step see above...
    ...stealth is just for the beginning of the fight...can you kill someone in one shot?....generally no...
    ..tourneys are bad example...in open PVP you generally have way more space to move...

Retro and DuKe NuKeM like this.
  8. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

The range (distance) of blink isn't very far and the cooldown is long enough to not have it available again quick enough to really escape someone. It's good for a tactical re-position or to get behind someone for a brief confusion... but that's about it.

There are a few other skills to close from a distance (as others already mentioned) so there is a counter to it being used. Even blink itself can be used as a counter to another person's blink! Just wait for them to move, and then you blink right back next to them (or even better, to the side or back of them). With a good gaming mouse or keyboard, you can easily hotkey the blink glyph slot so that it can be used in 2 quick clicks (one to select the skill, and another to chose landing spot).

I don't think it's OP at all.

DuKe NuKeM likes this.
  9. Xail

Xail Avatar

Are you sure a 36 range and a 4 sec cooldown (if you lock it otherwise even less if it pops up) is not enough to escape someone?

DuKe NuKeM and Athanil like this.
  10. Vox Aquila

Vox Aquila Avatar

@Matholith

let's hear from the master of blink himself

DuKe NuKeM and margaritte like this.
  11. Gix

Gix Avatar

A good way to make sure others could catch up is if the "charge" style abilities didn't require a target to trigger.

DuKe NuKeM likes this.
  12. Xail

Xail Avatar

...their range is way inferior to that of blink...

DuKe NuKeM likes this.
  13. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

The blinker is still not hurting me though.. but if you think it's OP, how would you nerf it?

DuKe NuKeM likes this.
  14. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Yep, pretty sure.

In 4 seconds, I could do lots of other things: Hitting you with a Root, Lightning, Chain Lightning, or even Ice Arrow could hold you in place or slow you down long enough to either run to you, or get close enough to use a Charge or Engage Opponent. Or, I could simply just blink right next to you and as your blink cooldown ends, mine would too.

Sprint / Dash combo with a high Swiftness innate skill could be enough alone if you didn't have any/all of those too.

DuKe NuKeM and Fister Magee like this.
  15. Xail

Xail Avatar

...you are just saying that to counter blink a melee build has just to use ranged skills....aren't you? ...I agree with you... :)

16. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Can I see this blink build that can defeat other builds? I am pretty sure blink is not as awesome as you are thinking it is.

DuKe NuKeM likes this.
  17. Xail

Xail Avatar

You can see my crappy 74 avatar build with no blink that is all messed up BUT there is NO WAY IN THE WORLD that a pure melee build can touch me while me playing, smoking, drinking and chatting on skype at the same time... :)

18. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Well sure, I agree with you.. you can run, but you can't win a match, which to me would be a requirement for thinking that Blink is OP in PVP. Plus, it only really hurts a pure melee anyway.. very few pure melee players afaik.. they always have range spells at least, in there somewhere.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
    DuKe NuKeM likes this.
  19. Xail

Xail Avatar

In open PVP IMHO being able to always close the deal when being on the upper end and at the same time being able to always escape when behind means being OP :)

Extrems and DuKe NuKeM like this.
  20. devourerofmemes

devourerofmemes Avatar

It's overpowered, cool down needs to be longer.

DuKe NuKeM, Vallo and Xail like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.