Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Is blink too OP for open PVP?

Discussion in 'Release 31 Feedback Forum' started by Xail, Jul 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xail

Xail Avatar

Nobody will rage after final wipe for not being able to play a pure moonmage...

They will rage because:

1: Every melee glimphs is total trash in PVP...
    2:Bow damage is trash vs decent opponents...
    3:Almost all subterfuge tree is trash
    4:Moon tree is mainly trash too
    5: There is not much skill in PVP...no parry, no dodge, very few counters...mainly a DPS war that depends on levels and attunement...
    6: Combo glimphs all sucks big time...

I could go on...but it should you give an idea... :)

devourerofmemes likes this.
  2. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

1) May be on 10 level, its a problem, on 70+ level it is not a problem at all, also try to stack L or CL and check mana cost.
    2) Try to use CL in the situations when you use L, you will see, you will be more effective.
    3) I say pure archer just as an example. I`m sure we need negative attunament back and more.
    4) There is completely NO more effective builds than build based on air magic, if you have 90+ pure air attunament and high DEX and INT you just dont need anything else in PVE.
    5) I have almost all air skills at GM and I didnt notice nerf at all. I use my bow just for +8dex and +5 critical spell chance, I`m almost not shooting from it (so I havent any durability problems:cool:)

Retro and Xail like this.
  3. Matholith

Matholith Avatar

Again, this falls back to a BUG being the problem. Chain lightning can bounce multiple times on a single target. Obviously this needs to be fixed, just like lightning's perma-stun needed to be fixed. Also, a pure air build can't work, just like a 'pure' anything build can't work. Maybe that's a flaw, maybe it isn't. I'm not a game designer, but I am fine with it being like that honestly. I like diversification, and I'll concede that mages overall, not just air, dominate in PvP as it stands today. But, this isn't a problem of magic is too powerful. This is a problem that everything else is simply not as good. Don't nerf mages. Let us buff other skill trees. Blades is pretty much garbage in PvP. Subterfuge is literally a waste of experience. Moon magic is so underwhelming, I regret even putting the very little experience I did in it. Sun magic has very few spells and the one CC they offer can be interrupted by the slightest bit of damage. Heavy armor feels kinda rough when magic is so heavily used right now, and plate pretty much wrecks your chances of casting anything outside of Earth or Life. Duel wielding feels clunky as ****. Stealth is a joke. The different combat stances (passive, defensive, reckless, etc) have too many drawbacks to see consistent play in PvP. Melee players, even if getting some magic, have a harder time keeping up with the dps of more dedicated magic builds. Ranged, at least for PvP, feels very clunky with the targeting system; not to mention it is used almost exclusively for rapid fire alone. Deck switching is like committing seppuku. Combo spells take up too much time/deck space to work effectively.

I understand a lot of this is subject to change, and there is going to be a lot of ebb-and-flow going on with the skills as time progresses. But, as it stands right now, I still wouldn't say mage builds are OP. It's the fact that everything else feels not worth the investment of experience and play time.

devourerofmemes, Retro and Xail like this.
  4. Matholith

Matholith Avatar

Stacking in PvP isn't worth the amount of time it takes to make it worth your while; Also, chain lightning is more damage overall because of the bug that allows it to bounce multiple times on one target. As far as raw damage, with it bouncing correctly, it literally does the same as lightning. As for no more effective builds not based on air, I suggest you get to PvP'ing with more established PvP players. Air is no longer the core of any build. A lot of people do run chain lightning today, but this is because of the bug, making it work in a way that I am sure is unintended. No way it should be able to bounce on a single target multiple times. A lot of players are running fire arrow now, on top of obsidian arrow, rapid fire, body slam, torpid torment, and other things beside air. The only two viable air spells are shield of air (which requires RIDICULOUS air attune to make worthwhile, so the people who put in that work deserve it) and chain lightning because it is BUGGED.

5. Xail

Xail Avatar

I agree :)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    Retro likes this.
  6. Matholith

Matholith Avatar

Here's why I view stacking as inefficient. Sure, it can be done by using your keys, or mouse buttons, to stack it very fast. But, it's just more efficient (damage wise) to cast two of the same spell in rapid succession, rather than stacking it more and more. This is especially true with builds that incorporate chaotic feedback. Not only does stacking it just slow down your overall dps, you are spending precious time building up a single, massive spell that may not pay off very much. If I know you are stacking, and there are tell-tale signs of it, I'm just going to be trying to burn you down. Also, let's not forget that DoT's can interrupt casting. I run fire arrow, and can consistently keep DoT's on you. If you end up stacking a spell, and it gets interrupted by a tick of my DoT, then you have literally just wasted time and now your plan has been interrupted. All the while I have been chewing through your health and I've been staying healthy.

Maybe it needs a change. I honestly don't know what we could do that would work; again, I am not a game developer. But, as it stands, there are very little upsides to stacking, and many more downsides to it. Just my two cents. (This is all in reference to PvP btw. I'm not too concerned about PvE, as I am going to be here for PvP.)

devourerofmemes likes this.
  7. Retro

Retro Avatar

I wish I wrote this...sums up EXACTLY how I feel at this point. All the character builds that I enjoy building and playing have almost no real PVP potential...sigh
    I don't want to be an air mage with a shield...:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.