Is Rewards Program going to get an upgrade with the new release 63?

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Windmane, Feb 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Windmane

Windmane Avatar

A question that hasn’t been mentioned in this release63 notes.
    With the new crown conversion that’s happening will the crowns that are in the rewards program going to be increased too?
    If so when will you be letting us know how many crowns we will be getting as atm we only get 9 crowns with the $9.00USD and to buy crowns after this release you will get 750 crowns for $10.00USD.

Just trying to find out as my renewal is due on the 4th march.

Thanks in advance
    Lyrah

Degothia likes this.
  2. Arn Magnusson

Arn Magnusson Avatar

That's a very good question. I am also interested in how this will be handled.

Windmane likes this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

9 crowns will become 900. Each month you will receive 900 if you are in the rewards program that is but it is pretty much the same thing just more usuable for portalarium to use this conversion. Something that cost 9 cotos would cost 900 but still the same thing basically. US dollars $9. Like $4 becomes 400. 1 coto = 100 same as US $1. I hope that helps. It takes a minute to wrap your mind around the change, well my mind did need a moment but testing it in the QA server helped a lot.

P.S. you can check it out on the QA server if you can't wait until tomorrow ;)

In addition to items available in the store below, there are hundreds of similar items that can be found and/or crafted in-game. No purchases is required to have a full game experience. For craftable items, ask around Player Owned Towns for community vendor locations!

[​IMG]Additionally, in Offline mode all game content will be available in-game for in-game gold including ALL the Add On Store content. Gold Crowns of the Obsidians (COTOs) can also be acquired to obtain items and services.

SALE!
    [​IMG]
    Pattern Remover 6-Pack $9 $4
    Qty:
    SALE!
    [​IMG]
    Pattern Remover 12-Pack $17 $8
    Qty:
    Heraldry
    SALE!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Heraldry Round Table Eternal Pattern $10 $5
    Qty:
    SALE!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Heraldry Throne Eternal Pattern $8 $4
    Qty:
    SALE!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Heraldry Beer Cask Eternal Pattern $14 $7
    Qty:
    SALE!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Heraldry Wine Cask Eternal Pattern $14 $7
    Qty:
    SALE!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Heraldry Spirits Cask Eternal Pattern $14 $7
    Qty:
    SALE!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Heraldry Cloak Eternal Pattern $12 $6
    Qty:
    SALE!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Heraldry Storage Chest Eternal Pattern $12 $6
    Qty:
    SALE!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Heraldry Standing Banners Eternal Pattern $24 $12
    Qty:
    SALE!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Heraldry Basement Entrance Eternal Pattern $14 $7
    Qty:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  4. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

I think you may have misunderstood the question a little here.
    At the moment you get 9 cotos for $9, will this simply change to become 900 coto? A simple "yes" doesn't work here because after tomorrow $10 will NOT give you 1000 coto, it will give you 750 at which point, how can i get multiple subscriptions since I will then be getting more cotos for a lower price?

Windmane likes this.
  5. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

@Chris somewhere said that they want the sub to be the best possible deal.
    Meaning you will get 900 cotos AND will be part of the rewards without paying 10 USD but 9.

Windmane and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes and perhaps I missed something in my example and understanding of it so far . Playing with it on qa I was seeing 1=100 in my mind when I picked one up off the table. Anyway carry on since you have a grasp on the topic.

Windmane likes this.
  7. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

You will get 900 cotos as a subscriber. Also all cotos you saved until now will be multiplied by 100. The prices in the in game store will also multiplied by 100. Drop rate of cotos are multiplied by 100.

If you need fresh cotos from the webstore see the table. It is not 1$=100 coto. In a small coto package the coto is less then a pence and in large packages it is more then a pence.

Windmane likes this.
  8. Arn Magnusson

Arn Magnusson Avatar

I see a lot of feedback to this thread from players, but have not seen a dev (official) response yet, which I find concerning. My hope is for the subs, that they keep the 1=100 ratio of COTO, thus reward the subs with 900 crowns each month, but the model is not consistent like Scoffer pointed out.

$10 usd get you 750 crowns or 75 crowns per 1 usd.
    $20 usd gets you 1600 crowns or 80 crowns per 1 usd.
    $35 usd gets you 3200 crowns or 91.42 crowns per 1 usd.
    $60 usd gets you 6300 crowns or 105 crowns per 1 usd.
    $100 usd gets you 10750 crowns or 107.5 crowns per 1 usd.

I would like to expand this discussion to include, what is now the current in game gold value of a COTO? Prior to this recent patch release, based on my travels around the game during the last 40 odd days, browsing player shops the value of a COTO was anywhere from 7000 to 9800 gold depending on the buyer or seller. Is the new value going to follow the 1-100 ratio or some other ratio? I honestly find it confusing that they decided upon a 1-100 ratio for some things and another set of ratios for current COTO buyers. Before the recent patch the crown value was roughly 1 usd per. Under the new system to get back to the 1 to 1 ratio, you need to buy the $60 usd crown pack, any lower purchase of crowns you are below the 1-1 ratio, thus the confusion about what is the value of a COTO in game now?

Thanks in advance for any replies,

Confused new player.

Windmane and majoria70 like this.
  9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Windmane likes this.
  10. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Easy, start a second account. You'll even get another set of monthly rewards.

It floats depending on supply and demand. It is literally a different currency, sort of like the US Dollar vs the Euro. Right now it is very high because there is a lot of demand from people with a lot of IGG, and the current rate is at least 100-110g per. You get to choose whether you buy the cotos directly from the web store or if you let someone else buy them, but there is no guarantee that there will be enough to buy from someone else.

It's going to take a while before people get used to the idea of buying cotos to buy a store item, rather than just buying it directly off the web store. Keep in mind that if there is something you want to buy for cotos, and you buy the next coto size up, right now you can sell the extra cotos for a lot of IGG. Or you can save them for that something you'll just have to have next month.

Jason_M, Degothia and Windmane like this.
  11. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Yeah but it will take a couple of days before the price settles down.

Windmane likes this.
  12. Arn Magnusson

Arn Magnusson Avatar

Thanks for the clarification and information, much appreciated.

Windmane likes this.
  13. Floors

Floors Avatar

Don't be concerned, the devs rarely respond to anything in the forums. There's not enough time in the day to respond to individual players.

Elwyn, Paladin Michael and Mishikal like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.