Is there a point in the Game you think you would welcome a Wipe in Sota?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Myrcello, Dec 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Seriously. Imagine the vitriol of the already disenfranchised people multiplied by 100. Nails in a coffin.

valor likes this.
  2. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Dude it would be scary. Like a post apocalyptic nerd rage.

LoneStranger likes this.
  3. Webberan

Webberan Avatar

I think the idea that new players will feel left behind is a little over blown. If it is a good game they will play.

UO was supposed to get a wipe after beta when the game was released. They called off the wipe and let beta players keep everything. I was upset about that decision and was murdered and robbed many times by players who were ahead of the curve. It was very frustrating but it was a great game and I learned and of course caught up eventually. New players here will not have to deal with PVP if they do not want to so way less frustration with SOTA starting out, but catching up might be a little tougher.

Land might irritate new players though since good spots, or spots at all, in NPC towns will be almost impossible to find.

4. Randbo

Randbo Avatar

I am in full support of YOU being wiped only.
    That is, if you want it.

Womby, Numa and MrBlight like this.
  5. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

I could see no reason for a "possessions" wipe. And that would be next to impossible to do with the sales of reward items and the incredible amount of work they went through to do the lot claiming. A skills and experience wipe? Yeah, I think that would be good for the game and would certainly even things out a bit. Although I expect to get nailed to the stake for saying so.

GraveDncer and Jivalax Azon like this.
  6. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

Well, enjoy the sandbox with no one else to play with.

I don't know why they announced they'd do no more wipes it's obviously done nothing but cause problems.

Wipe skills and AL if nothing else. Unless people bought them with RMT.

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  7. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

Nope, Nada, No Way, No How, Absolutely not!!!!!! All ready have over 3 years playing and I definitely could not endure another 3 years after a full wipe. The agony would cause a massive coronary. No computation or imaginary glitch would even qualify. I would call in the oompaloompas. :D

8. Raistlyn

Raistlyn Avatar

Wipe will never happen, why do people keep asking this question!?

9. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Lol wipe skills they say.

Not all of us abused broken mechanics to get where we are.

Like hell im repeating the hours i put in already. If YOU feel behind, thats on you. But i play with new players daily, and that feeling of playing catch up to a * leader * isnt there. I can live with 5% of player base being leaps and bounds past average due to broken mechanics early on. It really doesnt effect the other 95% that much.

If they even hinted at it, i assure you 90% of my guild would be gone. The other 10% would be gone after tricking someone into buying any assets left over.

It simply will never happen.
    Imagine releasing with ( id argue ) 85-90% of the players on now livid and the teams reputation destroyed. There woudlnt be anymore store purchases. Reviews would decimate it. And it would be activly denounced.

The long term effects of even if 100% of the players here being near end game upon release , in the big picture, arnt worth the risks of a wipe. Lol

Randbo and Elwyn like this.
  10. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I would like to use this sentence to remind everybody that there is a difference between exploiting and system changes.
    People (not you @MrBlight , just using the chance to kump in on the topic ^^) keep forgetting that this is a important point.
    If i exploit i get my skills reset, my gains taken away and maybe i even get banned.
    If i use an existing mechanic and Port decides to change the mechanic and it's harder for everybody that comes after the change it's not the fault auf the player that used it before the change nor is it an exploit.
    That's just bad luck.

Jivalax Azon and Numa like this.
  11. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I think your arguing a technicality.

Imo if theres an obviously broken mechanic that you used ( in this case ) to get more then the intended exp, and continued to do so repeatedly, espectially knowing a change was coming to it, thats abuse in my books.
    The fact there was so much of this, and polars general opinion was * we will fix it later * .. i think was gross.

I dont think people are idiots and blindly found ways to get x10 what was intended to be made. Then * unintentionallly * kept doing it once they announced a fix was coming.

That being said. No they cant really punish for it, doesnt mean it wasnt greasy.

( another example ) hey i never fail a masterwrk on this table! Quick lets gm masterworking before they adjust it!

System change or not. Lame and abused.

x_Selene_x and LoneStranger like this.
  12. Earl Atogrim von Draken

That's indeed exploiting and even though Port fixed it later they actually labled it as exploiting as well.

But the control points for example.
    That was no exploiting. That wasn't even a broken mechanic. That was a change because....oh well let's keep the because out of that topic because that's a completly different discussion ^^
    But CPs are a prime example for what i mean when i say "system change".

Jivalax Azon and MrBlight like this.
  13. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

;) i refer more to the people who found spots to stand who could nuke cp while not being targetted and stuff like that.
    But heh yea thats a whole nother debate.

That all being said. I think people * far along * are less important in the big picture then people here seem to think.. a wipe would do way more bad then good to the average player playing now.

14. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Yeah i think same.
    How many top 10 players we really have?
    50? 100? Even if it's 300 it probably won't matter if SotA is able to draw in a medicore amount of players.
    At least it wouldn't matter enough to justify a whipe.

MrBlight likes this.
  15. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I think the main problem they have right now is crafting.
    Vendors are just for show atm because everyones self sufficient. And honestly dont think they know how they can fix it now.

16. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

There are some people who would find wipes interesting and energising... that is for sure. I don't believe they would be in anything like the majority, however, so doing this would basically kill the game deader than it already is.

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  17. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Its nowhere near dead....my friends list is always between 30-40% on in prime time, and i see a big increase in people all over. However much you would like to believe that, it isn't true :)

Me as an example: I have many new games that i love, i would be playing them non stop if i didn't much prefer this one, Like you obviously are with ESO ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  18. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

Port called out the game persistant. Period.
    To sail back and do another wipe would be untrustworthy and the game would be dead before release.
    I can't spare the argument that new players would feel deprived against the small beta-playerbase. We, the early access players, who support this game from the beginning, have earned this advantage vs new players.

19. Glantor Edge

Glantor Edge Avatar

Guys, chill, there won't be a wipe.

Anyway, there is really no need for one as well. Just launch episode 2, double the land mass with rare continents and valuable resources there. The population will shift and react on it's own and everything will become brand new again!

Plenty of ways Port can inject freshness into the game without a wipe.

Cheers,
    Glantor Edge

20. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Indeed.
    What never should happen is what WoW is doing. Every add on another arms and level up race.
    I am tired of that ****.
    That's one of the reasons i am here ^^

Glantor Edge likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.