Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Items placed in containers in your inventory still show up in the main inventory.

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by Link_of_Hyrule, Jan 30, 2016.

?

Should items in a bag or container show up in the main inventory?

1. Yes they should show up in the main inventory

4.3%
  2. No they should only appear inside of their proper containers and not the main inventory

46.8%
  3. Optionally On or Off.

48.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

@Chris and devs I copied this thread from the dev+ section into this feedback section to get feedback from other players on the issue. One of the devs answered and said this is the proper functionality but this makes no sense to me and tends to cause problems. Especially right now they just released the "Atlas" (which I made a thread here for since it's a whole different matter.) and even though it's in the Atlas (which is just a bag) all the maps show up in my main inventory. I think that this should be at least an option for the inventory so that if I place items in a bag or container they don't show up in the main inventory.

Items placed in containers in your inventory still show up in the main inventory (in list mode idk about bag mode). This makes no sense and it should be considered a bug. When I place an item in a container it should only show up in that container and not my main inventory. If you want to make it an optional functionality to show it in the main inventory that's perfectly fine but as far as it working the way it logically should by default if I put any item in a container of any kind (bag, box, my cabinet of virtue, etc) it should disappear from my main inventory and only show up inside of the container I placed it in. This has been like this for quite a while now and I'm surprised it's not fixed yet. Anyways I appreciate all your hard work and it would be great if this could get fixed!

Example: I placed these two hats in my Cabinet of Virtues.
    [​IMG]

Example 2: All the maps in my Atlas bag.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  2. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

I voted no, because to me the list mode reminds me a bit of EVE Online where I've spent a lot of time in the past. (In EVE the contents of containers do not show up in the main list). I really like the list mode, and I'm so used to it that it has no hindrance to my immersion in the game.

Link_of_Hyrule likes this.
  3. Svahn

Svahn Avatar

4. redfish

redfish Avatar

I agree Link ;)

5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I've proposed several times that list mode should function like a folder browser.
    Where if I "expand" a container those are listed as well.

That way everyone will feel like they understand the user interface right away.
    Those who want to can "expand all" which then lists all the objects.
    As well as if I'm using "filter" then I am really looking for something and then it should trawl through the whole list.

I'd also want to "lock" a container so that its content does not ever list until unlocked, and that its content is not used by autofunctions. The lock feature then solves a bunch of use cases, like Link's above. I could have a bag where I put all the stuff I don't want to see "lock" it and still have the expanded full list which shows everything else.
    -For instance you have been entrusted with a bag of 1000 mandrake to deliver, then you will have to start worrying about which spell and which deck you can use lest they will be gone.
    Or when you have one set of new shiny armor and one old, then you put the new and shiny in a bag and "lock" it so that the auto-equip doesn't take the wrong one.

6. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

if an item is in a bag box etc it should not at all ever show up in a container above it.
    basically i have pockets i know i have my wallet in my pockets but till i open my wallet i cant see whats in it right.

Fox Cunning and Link_of_Hyrule like this.
  7. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

Locked containers is kind of a cool idea. I was talking to another person about possibly having custom categories and maybe a per category option to display contents of containers or not. That could be very handy for organization. I also hope we'll eventually be able to make more hot bars or some type of UI that will display how many of an item we have in our inventory or inside of a bag and be able to drag that around the screen similar to UO or other games. Especially since reagents are going to be required it would be very nice to have this kind of option. This is a bit off-topic however the main issue here is really that items in containers show in the main inventory which they shouldn't ever.

8. Curt

Curt Avatar

Yes all the maps that should be inside the atlas filling my inventory list is not good :(
    I would prefer if they only showed up inside the atlas and i would also prefer if i could place the atlas on the non combat action bar
    use it and then get the correct map for the zone i is in.

GreyMouser2 and Link_of_Hyrule like this.
  9. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Thank you for bringing this up again!

The ability to 'lock' containers could be using special items or special varieties of containers.. we could even have 'magical locks' that can only be unlocked with magic. I would love to see all the GUI systems like property ownership be converted to in-game variants. From tutorial tips to housing permissions to chatting to making transactions, please stop filling my screen with windows! If I wanted to play Windows I'd buy Microsoft software from the 1990's.

Currently, bag-mode is a very sad interpretation of immersive game play. Please at least try to keep things dressed up. Example: We have these really cool sigils for combat skills, crafting skills and magic skills.. why aren't we picking our skills or selecting them from these terrific designs? Why do we have a boring windowed, scrolling list interface for everything, even after these awesome concepts were created? The art would be much more meaningful if we made them functional in-game in this way!

(I'm really hoping that most of this is simply us witnessing the iterative design process in action. And in the next 6 months, we will see many significant changes to all the GUI.) So again thank you for providing a forum for ideas on this topic Link! ;-D

Fox Cunning and Link_of_Hyrule like this.
  10. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

Thanks for everyone's support and ideas hopefully this can get changed.

11. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

YES! I hate that I can't use bags to actually organize things.

12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think that the contents of containers should only show up in another window when I explicitly open that container. I'm OK with it being an option though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.