Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Journal Option Request

Discussion in 'Release 25 Feedback Forum' started by Raven Swiftbow, Dec 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

If I understand it correctly, the reason our journals erase the quests is because the journals were becoming too cluttered.

But personally I like being able to go back and see which quests I have done and finished, and which I am still in the middle of. I think this will be an even keener desire of mine once the game goes live and I suddenly have 3 characters on 2 accounts! "Did I do that quest yet? Did I do it on Raven or Camriel?" Ack!

Would it be possible to give us the option to keep this information in our journal??

And yes, I know that we have chat log we can go back to, but it would be more of a pain to go through the chat journal than it would be to just type up notes on the side concerning which quests I had done on which characters. It would be *much* easier if I could just open up my character's journal and see.....

**edit** I was just told that everything that pops up in your journal concerning a quest does not get put into the chat log. So I guess that would not work, even if I tried it.**

Thanks for any consideration you can give this!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Agree completely.

There must be some way we can keep all of that in our Journal to refer to later, just as Raven has stated so well.

Just last night I was trying to remember all the places I went to in a quest, and the journal was empty since I had finished the quest.

Soooo...... +1 ;)

3. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

A toggle to hide completed task journal entries.

Want to see them again? Toggle it.

Want to clean the log? Toggle it.

4. Raven Swiftbow

That would be awesome if they can do it! Shoot, just a drop down menu for those options would be fine.

5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I thought all of this was kept in the Journal, just moved between sections. When you open the Journal, there is a Current Tasks section that lists your ongoing quests, and another section that archives them. At least, there used to be...

6. Raven Swiftbow

There isn't now. They had some issues with journals a release or two ago, and that seemed to be a casualty of the fix.

7. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

No, all journal entries are kept. Current tasks is a view of what tasks are flagged as currently active. No journal entry should ever be completely deleted.

You do know how to switch between the two views? Go to the title page and click the bottom entry (labelled "Knowledge Journal") Click the red bookmark to go to the title page.

The UI may be too subtle, but the words are clickable and lead to the correct part of the journal.

If journal entries are being deleted from the Knowledge Journal that is absolutely a bug and ideally we can get a reproducible case for doing so, but in every bug submitted like this so far it turns out the user did not understand how to switch to the full journal view.

8. Raven Swiftbow

Wowsers! I did not know that we should be able to see them! I will absolutely look for that when I get home tonight! And I'll put the word out as best I can because I don't know if anyone in my guild knew this. None of us knew last night at least.

Thanks, @Lum!

Miracle Dragon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.