Just lost 200K

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gatsu., Nov 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

A place anywhere? I thought raffle was my only option. I think that is why people get pissed off.

2. Knightguy

Knightguy Avatar

I know one of the big winners spent over 500k to get all their tickets

3. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

HAHA! It's the law of unintended consequences and applies to complex economic systems where central authorities attempt to force certain outcomes. Even small changes in game design can massively change the game economy. It's humorous to watch.

BTW: Spent 50k for 10 tickets and didn't win squat..

Rampage202 likes this.
  4. TheBalance

TheBalance Avatar

Rule #1 of Gambling, do not spend what you cannot afford.

The whole raffle system is mind-boggling to begin with. Yeah, people paid for them with pledges, packages from the store, etc. But a lot of towns still have a ton of space. Hell, towns were just removed from the game because of how empty they are. What's the point of RNG distribution of land. Just put a price on them, MAYBE scale it based on how much property the account already owns, and get the world feeling more vibrant and alive.

It's already been acknowledged that dead space is a problem, you'd think they'd be more proactive in fixing it. Especially when people WANT to help fix the problem and can't because a roll of the dice wasn't in their favor.

curt, Tiki Pirate and Kaisa like this.
  5. Raistlyn

Raistlyn Avatar

I have not bought one raffle ticket, and I never will. I love this game but that is one thing I just don't like.

I spent 400k on regs, silver, gold, wood, etc; to get my skills up instead

6. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Meh. we had 0 lots so we went in on all 3 raffles.
    Did well on first 2. no luck on this one. and with the new changes it will spread some of the remaining lots they want out, out.

But yea its gambling.. if u just want a basic lot.. rent it for cheap or save n buy one igg. its not that much.

7. Engel

Engel Avatar

i bought only 7 tickets for pot i won one lot i'm really happy

you can win with only 1 !! all is possible good luck all for the next

8. Meeley

Meeley Avatar

No not anywhere deeds, original poster just said all 5k tickets, so I was referring to pot deeds

Gatsu. likes this.
  9. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

How many tickets was taken by players? is this value public?

10. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

You did not lose anything you took a gamble;e and lost - sorry you did not win but . . . . .

High Baron O`Sullivan likes this.
  11. Leps

Leps Avatar

When the next lottery, and where you can read about it?

12. Nadomir

Nadomir Avatar

Well, it's a raffle... what did you folks expect? I bought a 10k-ticket in the R34 raffle and was lucky to get a place-anywhere-row-deed. I didn't expect anything, so I'm happy about it...

13. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

I bought 5 place anywhere raffle tickets and 10 player owned town raffle tickets,so I spent 100k. I was lucky enough to win a POT taxable row lot. I knew of a guildie who had been buying tickets trying to win a deed and was still saving to buy a taxable row deed off a vendor,if he could find one for 60-80k.
    The day of the drawing, he was in the guilds TS3 and said he didn't win. So I offered to sell him the taxable row deed I won, including a viking home and a basement for 1 gold. Obviously he jumped on it and was happy I hooked him up with my winnings.
    So to me I won twice, I won a row lot deed and was able to help a guildie get a home for himself that he had hoped for.

Womby, Gatsu., hroth and 4 others like this.
  14. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

The raffles were worth it early on. Thing is, lots/deeds are worth at-least 3 times as they were in R33. That means you need to invest 3 times as much money as you notmaly would. Since the amount of deeds has diminished per auction, 200k is prolly the bare minimum entry.

15. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

So you got 3 deeds which would be a row, city and village, since this raffle you cannot win 2 of the same. 30k investment turns into 2 millions?

16. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Gambling has it's ups and downs my friend. Make no mistake, the house always win.

Numa and Miracle Dragon like this.
  17. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I bought 3 place anywhere and 3 pot raffle tickets. Total cost: 45000 gp. :)

Here's my post in the marketplace!
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ere-row-pot-village-pot-town-all-taxed.71947/

They are limiting the amount of deeds in the next lottery, not this one.. so if it were limited how they will, I only would have won One Place Anywhere deed and One POT deed, then all my tickets would be out. I still would have walked away with two of the three here. CRAZY luck I guess? :)

Next raffle strategy for myself, one ticket for each.. cost 15000 gp total. I've won enough, but will keep playing the raffle!

Numa likes this.
  18. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

This statement is out of context in that the lots removed will be reallocated to a new scene for housing, thus an equilibrium is maintained (or near).

Numa, Demetria and LoneStranger like this.
  19. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Playing for 3 or 4 month and have the same "Problem", but buyed a lot of stuff from other players. tax free...

As a casual you even cannot pay the row tax, as it need /force you to get 3500 Gold/week.
    I couldnt and cannot earn enough Gold with my playtime because costs for PVE are too high expect i go for extreme grinding.
    For me it is extreme if i have to mine 2 hours or something like that.
    You can daily go to the oracle, but i cannot login daily.
    This game is not for casual players who want to play 2-3 hours, 2-3 days a week and dont want to spent some hundreds of real money.
    I for myself still playing, but Invested in a tf village lot to grow reagencies and sell or use them for myself.
    But without that and be forced to earn money with PVE and time to play as i write it's nearly impossible.
    Most equip are gifts from guildmates, without that it would take me a year or more to have better gear.
    Balance in PVE, PVP and Eco is totally broken until you cannot play 20+hours a Week.
    If you spend time roleplaying you even have a very small feeling for character development.
    I love the Game for Housing, atmosphere and roleplay possibilities, and I love it's no themepark PVE and not easy.
    But for me as a casual player who watch people Solo dragons, own and pay for many lots Village and or bigger it's frustrating, because you ver, very much feel behind.
    And as a healer I am totally worthless to Groups, expect i go with fresh Chars.
    I'm around Level 50 too... btw

20. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Nope. HOUSING isn't for this kind of people. And as soon as useful rental mechanics come online I will have to disagree with my own statement as well.

Edit:
    I have to disagree with myself now already.
    Sounds like you are a perfect candidate for offline mode.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    Fister Magee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.