Just lost 200K

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gatsu., Nov 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

@Earl Atogrim von Draken

Ok this is a viable point, but especially housing and the multiplayer is essentially for me, because of roleplay, what takes about 50% of my playing time.

If i want singleplayer i would prefer other games, although it maybe once will offer a very well SP story mode.
    That when it's really well tested and reviewed i want to play.
    Divinity O.S., Pillars oE, Wasteland2, Torment Tides of N.
    seem to offer more until now.

Edit : pure mage build seems also not for that player type.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Sure, I see your point.
    And I still think a working rental system will help players like you.
    But for the moment I have to agree.
    If you don't have much time and aren't willing to buy CotOs for hard cash you are basically locked out of housing.

3. NZguzzi

NZguzzi Avatar

CoTo safer bet. Should have bought that.

4. TheBalance

TheBalance Avatar

My statement is 100% accurate in any context. Here are the release 36 notes, from 11/17/16:

PRT Removal: After a careful re-analysis of our current housing needs, and in anticipation of new maps coming online that include additional housing (ex. Blood Bay), we have removed (at least for now) the following 4 PRTs that had no claimed lots in them:
    • Coral Cove
    • Bakkevoll
    • Grimmdalur
    • Horngap
    These PRT's were removed because they were 100% dead, not because future zones will also have housing available. And, as always, nothing is set in stone when it comes to the word "anticipated" and future content. Who cares what MIGHT happen in the future? The only fact we have is that these towns were targeted because they are completely vacant. My statement is 100% accurate in any context.

5. Laurana

Laurana Avatar

Not really. If you read the whole quote it says that they were removed for now because of anticipation of more maps including housing such as Blood Bay. Yes, they were targeted because they were currently empty but that's not the whole story.

Fister Magee likes this.
  6. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

They are adding new housing in blood bay, they took towns offline in order to keep the same amount of h0using allocation. They HAD to remove SOMETHING to keep that balance so they identified the areas which hadnt yet been populated. The context is that they did not just remove them because they were not poylated, they had a seperate reason they needed to remove towns and they thought as long as they were going to remove them - it'd be ones that didnt have population yet.

Your original statement made it sound like they only took them down for that reason along - there's a bigger reason why they needed to and thus no it is not in context. The full explanation of the actual context is described right here in the statement you quoted.

7. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Out of interest were those PvP towns?

8. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Coral Cove was. The others weren't, I don't think.

9. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

Clearly the raffle is bugged like the game.. probably only first 1024 tickets can be extracted for the raflle... or there is someting else not working on this thing...
    i request that DEVELOPERS says HOW MANY R35 TICKETS WAS BOUGHT BY PLAYERS

i never see a distribution of random (is the random rountine not working?) numbers that can place 3 tickets on a range of 6 tickets in ABOUT 5000 PLACES (estimated number looking at the 188.581 citizens)

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  10. Wolfers

Wolfers Avatar

Ok, i suppose that now is need more info of routine of raffle.
    Developer, can you help.
    There are more people that spend more real money for this game, is necessary more information.

11. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

R36 RAFFLE UPDATE: JUST FIRED 65K (9+2 anywere) FOR NOTHING... NOW I'M WITH A -265.000 GP .. an i don't have any prize. NO WORDS

12. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

You could have bought it for 90k.

13. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

I enjoy housing in MMOs. I'm not going to spend more than a small subscription fee to play an MMO. I tried to earn as much gold as I could in the time I had to play in REL36. That amounted to enough for 2 POT raffle tickets. I won a Town lot deed. I'm very excited.

If not for the raffle I'd probably never have a lot deed.

majoria70 likes this.
  14. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

Is that somewhere in player marketplace or elsewhere? I only bought one of each ticket in the three raffles to try my luck, but alas. 90k I could afford if I knew where.

15. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Ive actually seen them on vendors for around 90-150k on top of the forums.
    Probly easier to post a WTB post in the forum though, as i cant remember what POT's were selling where.

16. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

the other day my son came home from grade school with a trophy . i asked him what it was for, he said he had no idea, cause he just showed up today. he didn't WIN anything.. he decided to toss the useless thing in the trash, said he didn't do anything to earn it.

kinda makes me happy, and renews my faith in humanity a little - some people do not expect rewards just for participation.

Baratan likes this.
  17. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

??? i just want to understand the mechanics hidden behind the extraction(it's a randon number generated by a pc? how many tickets was created?)
    i will buy other tickets for next raffle... just to understand if i can't WIN anything onthis game.

18. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

BTW, if you want to blame an RNG for not winning you can blame Excel's! My process for the drawing is to pull a list of ticket buyers, one name per ticket. I dump those into Excel and then add a =Random() column next to the names. It picks a 0 - 1 number and I sort on that and assign from the top down.

I've thought of live streaming the drawing but then I would be exposing account names and how many tickets each person bought. Maybe next time I'll find a few player witnesses to join me with a screen share in a google hangout so they can see the magic happen.

19. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I blame Clippy then!

ThurisazSheol likes this.
  20. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

You don't need to explain yourself.

ThurisazSheol likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.