Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Just some thoughts

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by blayzefire, Feb 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blayzefire

blayzefire Avatar

I have gone on a few times during different releases and decided to give some feedback.
    Firstly, I think you all have done a grade A job. I still play Ultima Online since 1997 and can see the history and lore in this game and the improvements that are woven within it. Amazing.
    The potential for the player to influence events not only upon their selves but their guild and the game itself has enormous appeal for people like me who enjoy actual role playing. It makes me look forward all the more to the release of the game.

Now for some negative feedback. I do believe that some newcomer friendly things will be helpful with respect to the following:
    1. Resurrection...when I died I had no way to find a way to get resurrected and so my player will stay dead. Travelling Healers or giving the person the option to be transported to one may be the answer until they reach a certain level say.

2. A book of maps and directions to travel points. Yes I knew where I had to go for a quest, but I had no knowledge of how to get there. A map to a barn for a horse (if I purchased one) or boat or a waypoint area would be helpful for those who first get into the game.

3. Having the ability to mark a location and return to it is helpful as well.

Anyway if I meet you in my travels, my avatar name is usually Merri *waves*

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome blayzefire. Ghosts are really just newly added to Shrouds. There are green glowing Anhks that appear if you can
    find them that will take away your death debt stuff when you stand in them. I feel the 'find' time for them is a bit short
    where it is now. Thank you for the feedback. It makes a difference.:)

Tahru likes this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Also there are books of maps coming with a pledge tier and when the game comes out I believe they have to be discovered. Yes the location mapping system isn't completed by any means. You can buy maps
    at a vendor right now for cities. For me I am learning my way around most places, but I've been here a while.

I would love to have the mark system in SOTA but many are opposed to it. I am so with you on that one. I loved it, but right now 'home' is your best thing if you have a house and hit the 'U' key to go home
    or /zone player name or /summon player name if they still work. Many can't wait to get those out of here and I am definitely not one of them;) Nice to meet you as well. Let me know if you need help. I
    am currently not in game but I will be later since I have to run out for a bit.:) I am always go by majoria in the game.

Tahru likes this.
  4. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I would love it also if they would give us an option in Character menu to turn cloaks and helms on/off ... or in options menu... I am a female, and i don't like looking like a man, and i like looking at my hair hehehehehe.... in every game i have played, i always turn helm and sometimes cloaks off. But i wear them for the stats. Please make this a turn off/on choice... ty Also, would be nice if quests i completed had a choice to turn off completed quests, but make it so i can look at them if i need to remember what they were. so a not show checkbox for completed quests would be nice. thats it for now :)

Tahru likes this.
  5. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

oh and could there be a way to switch from weapon to torch and visa versa? Opening the char menu and inventory every time to switch between them is tedious... ty:)

Ice Queen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.