Just too hard...

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Pickwins, Aug 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pickwins

Pickwins Avatar

Well sorry, I now understand that this all is a deeper problem. Still catching up ...

2. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

80+ recipes at the chest at Diamond Fields and +50 at Jaanaford added today.

Stundorn and Numa like this.
  3. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

This, a thousand, thousand times this!

I can make a Bronze Short Sword Blade... but not a Copper Short Sword blade. That, literally makes no sense!

I can make Copper and Iron Wire, but not White Iron Wire, Bronze, or any other kind of wire. So, I can only make Copper or Iron Chain armor. It's a bit ridiculous.

I work in metalworking, I design tooling and bend steel, aluminum, copper each type of which has many different grades, several of which do act VERY differently and need different tooling designs to achieve, but... if I were to make piece out of a basic cold rolled steel, then I could make the same part out of a common aluminum or even a common grade of copper.

Needing a different recipe to make a blade out of each metal type is frustrating and just means for a greatly increased number of recipes. They should be far more generic and maybe allow for special blade types based upon mixing metals or adding other ingredients that do not become recipes.

Like, maybe two ingots of bronze and then one ingot of steel would create a different blade type than an all bronze or all steel blade. Or use all of one type of ingot, but add obsidian chips or fragments of a gem and maybe you get a specialized version of the blade, but... you don't get a recipe for that, but you do get that special blade.

The crafting system is nice, it's reminiscent of UO and SWG, but... I think it needs to be made more "Generic" like it was in SWG and allow for more materials experimentation for differentiation.

Like, you definitely can only fit 3 ingots and you need 1 chunk of coal with a longsword blade mold, but the type of ingots used can be played with and it should be possible to add other elements that if added in the right amounts (assuming the right level of skill) will allow for special effects.

Maybe consider a way to add "Half" Ingots or "Half" Coils and "Half" Sheets to the mix to make it possible to mix in more than one metal type to produce a smaller finished item like a Dagger Blade.

Stundorn, Moiseyev Trueden and Numa like this.
  4. Numa

Numa Avatar

Conversely, if you know how to forge a copper blade & if you achieve XY% proficiency in it then you will have a chance to discover how to forge an iron sword blade.

Or maybe a quest to discover the "secret" ingredient (tin) needed to make bronze out of copper.

Nelzie and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  5. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Just to be said, it was confirmed to a friend by devs.

6. Priam

Priam Avatar

Looks like this thread is a little old...
    I have a very small question: I understand that it's possible to use components made from different materials in order to customize armor, weapon and jewelry attributes.
    I am trying to create chainmail boots, which require two coils of metal wire. I have one coil made of copper and the other iron - but the Craft button is grayed out.
    Is it not possible to use two different metal coils, or am I missing something / lacking exp?
    Thanks in advance!

7. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Not that is not possible, you need the same wires.

8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

it is not possible to mix materials for the same component, no. if you need two coils of wire, you have your choice of metals but they do have to match.

that's not true for the whole piece, though, only each component type. for instance, i could make a fortified cotton chestpiece with plain cotton bolts but fustian cotton straps, if i wished, as long as all the bolts are the same and all the straps are the same.

9. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I actually really disagree with this. With 2x XP, there are people all over the game that started after full release that have already progressed much much much higher then I have being around from persistence (and Im adv lvl 108 now).

I have run tears now non-stop since its release as a member and as a leader. We have cycled through hundreds of low lvl players and watched them rise very quickly. I joined my alt to one the other day for 8 hours as my own pocket healer and even my alt went up many levels very quickly. Saying that, all a new player has to do is open up the LFG menu, join a tars group for 8 hours and they can at that point probably do 90% of the games content.

Without 2x xp I would agree.

CrandalltheFoole likes this.
  10. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

err... almost a year old there.

11. Priam

Priam Avatar

Thanks for the info. (@Feeyo too)
    That's really too bad... :/

Feeyo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.