KNIGHT: Founder or Benefactor? CITY SIZE Plots Available?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Hempy Do`Herben, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hempy Do`Herben

Hempy Do`Herben Avatar

Ok, a few questions.

1. What is the exact difference between the Knight Founder or Knight Benefactor? I know the homes are different. I like the KNIGHT BENEFACTOR.

How do I get this home if I pledge for KNIGHT level?

* I first backed the game during Kickstarter.
    ------------------

2. If I pledge Knight Level & I got the Knight Benefactor home it comes with a VILLAGE level deed which is the smallest size correct? So how would I be able to get a CITY size plot?

I have been playing now for some time and I enjoy the huge front and backyard I get having the bigger size plot. Are these gonna be micro-transactions or buy-able in game? Are they gonna be realistically purchasable or crazy expensive?

I just dont want my house cramped in a small lot. Also will we be able to change the outside fence of our property? Maybe have a few choices. And wonder if the sign will be removed after the land is purchased?

2. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

You only get a city lot by pledging Baron+. It's safe to assume these will be extremely difficult to obtain in game.

As a KS knight, you can choose either house (or a lesser one).

Hempy Do`Herben likes this.
  3. Hempy Do`Herben

Hempy Do`Herben Avatar

Town size sounds nice :p

I could never afford Baron.

4. Bayard2

Bayard2 Avatar

The knight benefactor home is sweet... but yeah Its a lot of money. Maybe Santa will be generous lol :p

5. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

Come on lottery. $550 Million and counting. Time to win to get that city lot so I can place my tent on it. Or maybe the knights home.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Also it should be pointed out that while you can always buy new houses and lots in-game with in-game currency in addition to backer perks. Those lots won't be rent free of course but you can still get them. The trick is placing them before all the spots are taken.

rild likes this.
  7. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

I have to say that we will able to "upgrade" your house in the future in-game, so its supposed that the low level houses can re-scale in better levels (but they will be smaller than a house in the same level of plot but better level of pledge).

8. Bayard2

Bayard2 Avatar

Huh?

In the future as the expansions are unveiled more lot's will become availible. Yes the village lots are small and the majority of those who pledged money for it are only getting that size...but with basements the house can feel larger. You can put all the storage and crafting tools downstairs...so the house would seem larger.

9. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

No, I mean that will be a system to move you house to a bigger plot (if you buy it in the game) and you will have also then a better house also (or they said that long time ago). Like the tower that are smaller in the village, but they becomes bigger in the town plot. Sorry, my english is not that good. :O

10. Bayard2

Bayard2 Avatar

from what I've read and experienced over the weekend the houses do not get larger on a larger plot of land. I ran around turning all the town and city plots to the single 1 room "basic village home" just so I didn't have to see them. They stay the same size.

11. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

It would be awesome to have a baron play an old grumpy man/woman who has a lowly village level house in the city district that will not change even though society tells him too haha!

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

They said that the houses will be larger or will be a system to rescale them in bigger plots (as I mentioned already). That was mentioned few months ago. Obviously this weekend we didnt have the complete system, or even all the houses. Anyway the pledges for houses dont have that sense is you need to pay 500 dollars or more to get a village house and a plot and after you can buy a much better house in a town plot for in game gold, even if is not rent free. Something like:

[​IMG]

OSullivan likes this.
  13. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Anyway, since sometimes they change of mind, will be great if we can get a confirmation of any Portalarium staff.

14. Bayard2

Bayard2 Avatar

those are 2 totally different homes. You could place them on a city sized lot as well ...just the lot would be larger not the tower.

15. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Deryk, if you dont want to understand is ok for me. I think is not problem of the english now.

16. Lord Kiron Maedun

Lord Kiron Maedun Avatar

I think what he is saying that for the specific pledge tier houses, that they should be scaled to a degree based on what lot they are placed on. Which was an art concept but I don't know if it will actually be used. By having it set up this way people that pledged some of the higher tiers wont lose there special in game house if they use in game resources to to move from a village plot to say a town. Here is a link to a concept that was done for the knight house scaled by plot size. https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=21

OSullivan likes this.
  17. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I am glad you brought this up. The stone towers that are available on the add on shop totally go against the up scaling. I am surprised this hasn't been brought up before. I know the picture that shows the upscale so it is a few houses that upscale?

18. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Yes, thas was, thank you!

They said (was in forum I think) that this system will work in the game (even if is stil not ready), to give the oportunity to the KS or Benefactor houses to be a very good house even if the owner move to town or city plot . The art is different from what we have already (the house is similar, but larger), but I think the idea is the same:

[​IMG]

OSullivan likes this.
  19. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Yes, thats why I think we need a confirmation about all this from a Portalarium staff. But maybe is because the add-ons houses are special (and cheaper if we compares wuh the pledge levels).

20. Lord Kiron Maedun

Lord Kiron Maedun Avatar

I agree with you, would love to get an answer for this. Next time I see DarkStarr in IRC I will try to get an answer.

Eriador likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.