KNIGHT: Founder or Benefactor? CITY SIZE Plots Available?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Hempy Do`Herben, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

My very humble opinion: A Lord house will be still better than a Citizen house upgraded to town plot (and also than a Knight upgraded), and you will choose the plot much, much earlier. The plots places was the most expensive and exclusive really in UO, probably will be the same here.

I wish to upgraded my account to Lord if I could, for sure, but I cannot :(. But maybe I have that opinion just because I loved the Lord little mansion.

Also I preffer quality over quantity. And dont forget the "water addon", you will have a Houseboat (and the addons will not change if you upgrade)! That house addons will be specially uniques. And, if you upgrade in the future your house to a city plot, will be also much better than any other in the game, even in city plots (maybe will not be easy to get a city plot, but still).

Deliverence likes this.
  2. Lord Kiron Maedun

Lord Kiron Maedun Avatar

Agreed... Why I am having such a hard time deciding!

Eriador likes this.
  3. Strongsquirrel1

Strongsquirrel1 Avatar

Going back to talking about House upscaling here's some image they did a while back all are located in the Media Gallery.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Take care! Those images are still under the "Dev+ secret". I already tried to post the first one, bur moderator told me that I cannot. But yes, was exactly that!

5. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

They must be the in game houses bought with Gold

6. Lord Kiron Maedun

Lord Kiron Maedun Avatar

Ok, to answer some confusion I talked to DarkStarr yesterday in the IRC about this subject. Here is the conversation below! Enjoy hope it helps sort this out.

<+Sir_Kiron> Ok so first question for you DarkStarr. During KS and initial PotA; there were drawings of some houses fit to each of the different lot sizes, such as the Knights House on each of the three V/T/C.... Is that still going to happen or has that been changed?

<~DarkStarr> Sir Kiron: That has changed and is reflected in the FAQ. Main reason is for game-play so that players can choose to place smaller home on larger lot if they want more yard space for things like gardening or just decoration

<+Sir_Kiron> What if they like the style and want it bigger, not an option at all anymore?

<~DarkStarr> Sir Kiron: We may offer similar buildings that are scaled up but that is a LOT of extra work to make multiply scaled versions of the same building.

<~DarkStarr> Kiron: Its not a simple matter of just changing the scaling value

<+Sir_Kiron> DarkStarr understand that there was a discussion on the forums about this and just wanted to have it clarified! thanks!

Here is a link I went and found later: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=19#faq_61

The other topic I tried to get clarification from him on was the in-game upgrade on rent free status lots. Here is that conversation.

<+Sir_Kiron> DarkStarr the other question I had for you was, In a Dev Chat, LB has said that a Backers Rent free plot deed can be upgraded in-game. such as eventually a Knight would be able to upgrade his rent free village deed into a rent free town deed, is that still the plan?

<~DarkStarr> Kiron: It is something we have considered but not yet designed or guaranteed.

<+Sir_Kiron> DarkStarr Reason I asked was people are saying you will be able to based on LBs statement yet it can not be confirmed anywhere else....

<~DarkStarr> Kiron: Until something is on the FAQ it is not final. That is why the FAQ is so short currently. :)

Hope those help possibly clear up any confusion on these matters.... It seems mostly that nothing has been completely decided.

Sir Bradley White likes this.
  7. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Yes, that is very clear, thatnk for that. I understand (some) of the reasons, but I have to say that:

1) Thats sound like they broke their word (You all listened to LB, and was not the only time, they said that during the KS few times, we have even that drawings). Was a important point in the KS, they must say "don't worry about what we write or say, until we dont write something in that FAQ all the word are just for nothing).

2) I checked the FAQ and the FAQ doesnt reflect that clearly. It just reflect that they will not upgrade automatically (obviously, always was like that, and make you think that maybe they can, but not automatically). Also they are ambiguous, and wrote that you must buy houses individually, but they wrote the examples of the add-on store houses with a fixed size.

3) "Main reason is for game-play so that players can choose to place smaller home on larger lot" - Main reason that? No sense, most of us prefer a bigger house. But anyway no sense, especially when you can choose which house you will deploy, big or small.

4) Something personal: I think that to pay 500-600$ dollar for a small house that could be easily improved (or no that easy, but anyway), or even totally owned by another house with in-game gold is not a great deal (and I'm not saying that players should not buy great houses with game gold). And I don't want to live in a village forever (Ok, I can just "throw" or sell my super exclusive village plot, maybe that is ok, but also not that nice, and not what they said).

Im a little bit disappointed, but not because the houses will not upgrade, that is really very secondary. I could live with that without any problem. They broke something that was, at that time, a serious point. If LB spoke about that in the Dev Chat was because was important. We didn't have too much info at KS time, mostly nothing, even we didn't have the houses designs, but that was one of the very few info that we have.

Nothing more to add...

OSullivan likes this.
  8. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

Most game companies make many changes based on issues they discover or trying to work on another system they see how doing something one way breaks another. There will be tons of changes and we haven't seen the last of them. So far last word is you can upgrade your rent free deed or transfer the rent free status to a new deed. They could find that breaks the system of how the deed is handled to change it out or there isn't a good way of implementing the system. Now there is every possibility it will be fine as described back in May, but we never know. This is probably the biggest reason why companies are so quiet about game features other than broad strokes, especially during the first year of development. If they just hired their team, just had a pre-alpha build done you'd probably hear that they have a persistent world housing system that you can decorate your house in.. they probably wouldn't even mention conversation systems yet because it's still early on and no guarantee they'll stick with it (Although it's likely). But you usually don't promise features and then have it ship without them after discovering they don't work or the implementation would take years or man hours you simply don't have. So we are getting a look inside of how these things change.

The big issue here is how these changes impact us after we've spent money and it changes the specifics of the reward we received from it. None of the basis of the reward has changed, we still get all of our rewards, but our understanding of how they will work in game will change.

9. Strongsquirrel1

Strongsquirrel1 Avatar

They are in the media gallery for everyone to see, I even linked it in the above post. These images came from Pen of the Avatar, so they are not Dev+.

10. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

So, I don't know why I got a "warning" (and also a delete) to post just the first photo, the one of the Knight houses. XD

11. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Yes, thats is, because basically the only information that we had when we pledged was that kind of dev chats and the forum, and we believed what they told us. I really feel disappointed and sad about all this.

12. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

Yes and No, firstly this is not a traditional game so it cant be treated as a traditional game. If RG went to EA and said "we want to make a game" EA are going to care that it makes money and MAYBE that it doesn't annoy customers, so if things get changed to meet those goals that's fine because at the end of the day its a return on investment that they want. That is not what this is, we BOUGHT the game at quite a high cost rate off the plans and so we are right to have an expectation that the company will deliver what they have promised. If the house designers had said to my sister you will have x, y and z and then x and y became a and b and z disappeared then she would be with in her rights to cancel the contract because they have breached it. This is why the microtransactions are so bloody annoying, not because they are there, but because they were specifically ruled out by RG when he was trying to get us to buy and then AFTER he has our money they are back (kind of like what Microcrap are going to do with all that 24 hour check in stuff). I don't know what the culture is like overseas, someone commented that if you believe a company then your an idiot but in Australia we have specific laws to hold companies to account, if they promise one thing and then don't deliver it, if the items aren't what they promise then that is a breach of the Law here

Anyway this is wandering away from what I meant to write, to get back on topic I find Star's attitude in stark contrast to the attitude we got from RG and Chris when they wanted our money and quite disturbing to boot

Eriador likes this.
  13. Floors

Floors Avatar

If the game is successful, there will be expansions to the game, including lot expansions and lots in the new territories opening up.

That means that early lots may not be that exclusive as more desirable territories open up later in the game.

If the game is not successful, then none of this matters.

Sir Kiron Maedun likes this.
  14. Amber Saint

Amber Saint Avatar

Knights pledge shoulda come with a towns lot! just to small to fit it into a village the tacky fence isnt suitable either.. just my thoughts thou.. castle looked to small in a city lot and for the same reasons i say this

15. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

I don't want a town lot, I want a larger village lot on the outskirts of the village, So I'll aim for one on the side with neighbor on only 1 side

16. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

During kickstarter it was Citizens had a village plot at $500 and Lords had a town lot at $1500. They decided to make a knight level pledge with extras beyond the citizen level pledge, bigger/better house, crafting station etc. later into the campaign. Undermining the expense of a Lord level pledge to achieve a town lot will never happen, it wouldn't be fair to lord pledges.

Kal and Lord Gréagóir like this.
  17. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.