Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Min Liang Tan quest turn in is broken

Discussion in 'Release 33 Dev+' started by Widsith [MGT], Aug 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

@Lum I checked and the turn-in after killing the traitor is still broken. Siranto still gives the pre-quest spiel on MLT, doesn't recognize any of the words from the journal script or others that seem relevant.

2. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

You MUST have the journal entry for killing Min Liang Tan. It reads as follows:

The mad and treacherous advisor, Min Liang Tan. has fallen by my hand. I must swiftly report what I have discovered here to Siranto and Khasi in Ardoris as soon as I am able.

If you do not have the journal entry, you did not recieve credit for it. We have not been able to reproduce this otherwise.

3. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

@Lum the Mad I have exactly that journal entry. Siranto and Khasi still think MLT is a great guy.

Sator Faryn likes this.
  4. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I have that journal entry but I haven't tried turn-in yet. Let me test it.

And are you turning in just by saying his name, or saying "Empress Ring" or another topic?

5. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

I've tried the name, 'treachery', 'Obsidian', 'treason', 'Shuttered Eye', 'Empress Ring', 'dead' and phrases extracted from the journal entry. Everyone agrees that MLT is beyond reproach. :(

6. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

I've tried the name, 'treachery', 'Obsidian', 'treason', 'Shuttered Eye', 'Empress Ring', 'dead' and multiple phrases extracted from the journal entry. Everyone agrees that MLT is beyond reproach. :(

I know it worked a couple of wipes ago as I ran through it then. MLT was also taunting me as I worked through the tower back then. He was silent this time until I reached him and then he fought even though I sheathed my weapon after nailing his little buddies. Intentional change or a bug?

7. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

There should be no way to "turn it in". If you have that flag neither Siranto nor Khasi should have a conversation with you at all - since almost everything in their conversations is now out of date, instead they reward you (once), inform you they're going to reconcile with each other, and that they have a great deal to think over.

Also if Min Liang Tan is still spawning for you in the TSE, you don't have the flag marking you as having killed him. He should never show up in the tower again once you've killed him the first time (there is a different tower owner at that point).

We already have looking over this sequence on the schedule (mainly because people are using this as a way of mining for gold/resources) and will probably change the flagging around at that time, but it sounds like for now your character's pretty broken if you can get MLT to spawn repeatedly after killing him.

Sir Frank likes this.
  8. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

@Lum the Mad

I haven't been back to the tower to see if he's still around, but will check that today, on QA and on R32. I definitely have the journal entry that you posted, and Khasi and Siranto are definitely still on their original scripts.

ETA: Went back to TSE on R32, and got the lich and his buddies. So evidently that flag is set. Now I'm going to try Khasi and Siranto again.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  9. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

@Lum the Mad

Nope, Khasi and Siranto still think MLT is a swell guy. I'm posting the chat log under spoiler (editing out some guild chat). Note the extra 'e' in the Greetings from Siranto, BTW. Also note that some of the guards seem to know I have important news. I also have screen snaps showing the journal log for killing MLT at the same time as Siranto and Khasi not knowing about it, should you care.

(Note this was in R32, I will try QA as well, but was responding the same before.)

[08/24/2016 12:19:06] Ardoris Boatman: (to you) Greetings, friend! I can offer swift passage to the main gate, the oracle confirmatory, the docks, Sequanna Square, the market, the Palace of the Wind, and the Palace of the Mountain. Also, just ask if you'd like a free map to our lovely city.
    [08/24/2016 12:19:10] Widsith: (to Ardoris Boatman) Palace of the Mountain
    [08/24/2016 12:19:10] Ardoris Boatman: (to you) Lord Siranto awaits you!
    [08/24/2016 12:19:30] Ardoris Castle Guard: (to you) Welcome, stranger. I am called Willhey the Castle Guard.
    [08/24/2016 12:19:36] Widsith: (to Ardoris Castle Guard) please open
    [08/24/2016 12:19:37] Ardoris Castle Guard: (to you) You have given the proper token, so you may pass.

(After this I got stuck in the bad spot on the castle stairs and had to /stuck out)

[08/24/2016 12:20:12] Erin the Castle Guard: (to you) You have important news for Lord Siranto? Simply say the word and I will open the castle gates immediately!
    [08/24/2016 12:20:16] Widsith: (to Erin the Castle Guard) open
    [08/24/2016 12:20:17] Erin the Castle Guard: (to you) Right away, stranger. Please see Lord Siranto with all due haste!
    [08/24/2016 12:21:25] Siranto: (to you) Greeetings, Widsith.
    [08/24/2016 12:21:35] Widsith: (to Siranto) min liang tan
    [08/24/2016 12:21:36] Siranto: (to you) He is my Minister of the Lotus... my advisor from the Isle of Eternal Dawn and he who administrates my will among the people of my city. He is a loyal and devoted minister -- I'll hear nothing against him.
    [08/24/2016 12:22:58] Widsith: (to Siranto) bye
    [08/24/2016 12:22:59] Siranto: (to you) Farewell, Widsith.
    [08/24/2016 12:27:10] Margaery the Castle Guard: (to you) Greetings, Avatar.
    [08/24/2016 12:27:19] Widsith: (to Margaery the Castle Guard) please open the gate
    [08/24/2016 12:27:20] Margaery the Castle Guard: (to you) I will do so with all haste! Please, hurry to Lady Khasi's side!
    (gate did not open)
    [08/24/2016 12:27:44] Margaery the Castle Guard: (to you) Greetings, Avatar.
    [08/24/2016 12:27:49] Widsith: (to Margaery the Castle Guard) please open
    [08/24/2016 12:27:51] Margaery the Castle Guard: (to you) I will do so with all haste! Please, hurry to Lady Khasi's side!
    [08/24/2016 12:27:51] This switch is busy.
    [08/24/2016 12:28:07] Ardoris Castle Guard: (to you) Good day to you.
    [08/24/2016 12:28:10] Widsith: (to Ardoris Castle Guard) Good day
    [08/24/2016 12:28:11] Ardoris Castle Guard: (to you) Good day to you.
    [08/24/2016 12:28:15] Widsith: (to Ardoris Castle Guard) what is your name
    [08/24/2016 12:28:16] Susewill the Castle Guard: (to you) I am Susewill of the palace guard.
    [08/24/2016 12:28:19] Widsith: (to Susewill the Castle Guard) please open the gate
    [08/24/2016 12:28:20] Susewill the Castle Guard: (to you) I will open the gates now. Please, hurry to Lady Khasi with your news!
    [08/24/2016 12:28:21] This switch is busy.
    [08/24/2016 12:28:54] Susewill the Castle Guard: (to you) Good day to you.
    [08/24/2016 12:29:03] Widsith: (to Susewill the Castle Guard) my name is widsith
    [08/24/2016 12:29:05] Susewill the Castle Guard: (to you) No.
    [08/24/2016 12:29:09] Widsith: (to Susewill the Castle Guard) open please
    [08/24/2016 12:29:10] Susewill the Castle Guard: (to you) I will open the gates now. Please, hurry to Lady Khasi with your news!
    [08/24/2016 12:30:12] Khasi, Priestess of Love: (to you) Greetings, Widsith.
    [08/24/2016 12:30:19] Widsith: (to Khasi, Priestess of Love) i have news
    [08/24/2016 12:30:20] Khasi, Priestess of Love: (to you) Our divided land must be healed!
    [08/24/2016 12:30:27] Widsith: (to Khasi, Priestess of Love) min liang tan
    [08/24/2016 12:30:28] Khasi, Priestess of Love: (to you) He is the Minister of the Lotus... my advisor from the Isle of Eternal Dawn and he who administrates my will among the people of my city. He is a loyal and devoted minister -- his loyalty is beyond question.
    [08/24/2016 12:31:40] Widsith: (to Khasi, Priestess of Love) bye
    [08/24/2016 12:31:41] Khasi, Priestess of Love: (to you) Farewell, Widsith.

Bowyer and Sator Faryn like this.
  10. Bowyer

Bowyer Avatar

I have the same issue.
    I cannot continue the guest since Khasi and Siranto do not respond to any hint that I killed Min Liang Tan.

I must mention that a few things:
    • I started this quest before (11th oct 2016 Task entry Explore the Necropolis) and continued it now. At the time I could enter the necropolis. Now I need the keystone.
    • The journal entry mentions that i cooped up quickly the keystone from Min Liang Tan, but I don't see anyting in my inventory.
    I did a task reset a few weeks ago. I don't get a option with the ardoris town crier now to reset my tasks/journal.

Hope this gives some more input to resolve this.

Since I experienced this in release 41 I updated the respective threat from there.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...to-and-khasi-of-mins-death.88115/#post-815225

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  11. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

12. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

I was just in the same boat.
    Tried to report to both Siranto and Khasi - they only support Min - report is broken - still

Bowyer likes this.
  13. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

Journal entry, yes. Ability to report - NO
    entry date 6/13/2017 4:53:28 PM

Bowyer likes this.
  14. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I've created a bug for this. I was not able to repro under this same build, so something is slightly off here.
    In the meantime, I suggest going back to the tower to see if you can kill him again to possibly get it to trigger.
    Bug #: 47073.

3devious and Bowyer like this.
  15. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

I have killed him multiple times and was able to report out, however Min keeps coming back / the tower doesn't revert to a normal scene.
    Is there anything short of the upcoming quest reset I can do, @Lexie ?

16. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Jens_T I was hoping that would be the workaround. I'm sorry to hear it didn't work. I have a bug open for it. Once the bug is closed and resolved that would allow you to proceed.
    If someone with this issue wants to private msg me at some point in the next 5 hours or so I'll come with you as a party. It may be enough to trigger the next step, and I'd like to collect some more info. You must be close to the tower and ready to go though. I can't afford much downtime, as I also need that same dev account for other purposes.

It's not an offer I can always extend but I can squeeze in some time today. Especially with this being a part of the path of love (and this is not 100% reproducable.) The more info I get, the better.

17. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

Twice so far.

Killing him is fine, and I get the drop.
    It is the reporting that is not happening.

Thanks for that party offer - I know all your time is limited.

18. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Is the journal not updating at all? Do you get the keystone for Necropolis?

Going to try fighting him tonight.

19. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

My journal still has stuff from day one in it. Both in the quest section and in the notes.

20. Bowyer

Bowyer Avatar

I went to the tower today and Min was there again.
    I killed him and got the the Keystone.
    Went back to Ardoris to hire Samael. He stated that he is already at my service.
    I assume this is because I already hired him in the past.

The progress does not show in my journal (again) or in my screen tasklist.

I'll be moving on to the Necropolis and report any useful info.
    I'm still at patch 620 btw.

Regards,

Bowyer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.