Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Ranged skills issues

Discussion in 'Release 37 Bug Forum' started by Joe Zhudarak, Dec 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

After r37 i noticed that some ranged skills don´t are working as intended, depending of the elevation i use ranged skills and nothing happen, no damage.

Retro and Lord Ravnos like this.
  2. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I just noticed that today in Deep ravenswood. My aimed shot, and others do no damage .... My fire aRROW WORKS .... and I see some people are invisible killing a mob, I can't see them ... Then at times I seem to be doing dmg, but very little ... what's going on? also, I loose sound affects on some skills ...

3. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Well logging off for now till they fix combat. As a pure archer, I am having a very hard time killing any thing. Most of my shots(arrows) seem to be going off to the right, missing the bear ... I can't pull any more with any skill except my fire arrow ... and my best skill (aimed Shot) seems to not be damaging the bear, I ran out of focus trying to kill an Patriach bear, which at my lvl, (74) could kill. And the bear still had almost full health .... So please fix this. Can't play till it is ...

Knightowld and joezhudarak like this.
  4. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Same happens with some Spells, mostly Fists like Stone Fist and AoE Sword skills.

So the conclusion for me atleast is:
    The elevation thing isn't working as intended and causes problems for various combat skills.

Chatele and joezhudarak like this.
  5. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

I have submitted this to the team. Thanks everyone for the reports.

Chatele likes this.
  6. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

@Chatele Could you tell me where you were in Deep Ravenswood? Type "/loc" in chat and paste it here.

7. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I was where the bears are . Doesn't matter about the location, this happened all over that area .... funny thing is, I tried again tonight, and it seems to be random ... I noticed when this happens my arrows when fired shoots off to the right of my char .... sometimes I barely damage the bear and other times, seems like I am not doing anything, and almost die when, poof my last shot kills it. I think maybe the terrain is sort of lumpy, hills and mounds here and there effects it. Had to log abain because now the bears hardly take any dmg again ... it's 10:30 EST time here when this happened again. Can't give the LOC , will try again tomorrow ...

8. Morgoth redbeard

Morgoth redbeard Avatar

i got the same problem now some times rapied fire dont work and i take way longer time to kill a bear now then i did befor
    i used to be able to take on 2 at a time now i am barly killing one if i get 2 on me i litraly have to run for it
    this was in ulfheim this morning

9. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

Area: Deep Ravenswood (HiddenVale_Forest02_Tier5) Loc: (-147.2, 26.1, 46.0)

I've tried re-logging, leaving and re-entering, the only thing that seems to work is to go to SPO.

I'll sit there and get tagged by invisible mobs, or visible ones that I can't target, or ones I can target that I can't hit (theres nothing in the log). I shot 5 arrows at a rabbit. By shot I mean sound and animation. No result. Nothing in the log. Finally 6th one actually did something. This is build 522 btw.

10. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

I tried different areas: Spectral Foothills, Deep Ravenswood, Brightbone Pass, Restless Woods. It occurs everywhere and randomly. The curious thing is which I noticed today: I was in Brightbone Pass from 9 am (UTC) till 1 pm (UTC) and my rapid fire worked well, except some curious noises as it sounds like the arrows would leave the bow, stand in the air and swooshing sound 30 seconds later. BUT they hit the targets like I know that from before the patch. I left the area to Ardoris to get new arrows and moved back to Brightbone Pass. Since this moment my rapid fire was 90% useless. Arrows standing in the air or flying through the air like winged piranhas but my target was ignored as no "miss" or "dodged" was shown.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    Chatele likes this.
  11. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Yea I have had my arrow no and then just swirl in place in the air lol .... I must paste loc next time this happens ...

12. Morgoth redbeard

Morgoth redbeard Avatar

to day it help to relog in the sean for me

was fine for like 10 mins then i think i got a dobble puchback or some and i started fail again so now i tryed relog again to see if it helps again i did not log all the way out only log out and resume that seemed to do the trick for me

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  13. Morgoth redbeard

Morgoth redbeard Avatar

yep seems like its helps to relog for me now and wen i run in to 2 bears i run around so they cant smash me so much so not had bug since i started do that

14. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Ok arrows shooting off to the right Area: Deep Ravenswood (HiddenVale_Forest02_Tier5) Loc: (-152.5, 36.8, -164.2) Having a hard time killing the bears here again .... my arrows don't seem to be doing much dmg ....

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  15. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Yep checked again and archery is really useless. At least it is in Deep ravenswood .... not damaging the bears at all today ....

16. Envane

Envane Avatar

I have been having issues with the charged/auto archery attacks in Twins Foothills. I have magery and archery glyphs in my hotbar and they hit fine, but as soon as I try a charged attack or auto attack there is zero damage, not even a notification to say I have missed in the chat window. I have only noticed this in multiplayer online, I did switch to single player online and did not have an issue.

17. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Observed broken ranged skills reported. 38715

Thank you for reporting.

Retro and margaritte like this.
  18. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Your welcomed Attenwood :)

Retro likes this.
  19. Retro

Retro Avatar

Additional notes, bow skills will begin to hit again (intermittently) if you attack with a spell first.

20. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

Not really... I always use chain lightning and rapid fire and basic attack still bugged

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.