Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Ranged skills issues

Discussion in 'Release 37 Bug Forum' started by Joe Zhudarak, Dec 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

At the moment all i get are visual issues.
    The hitreg seems fine to me.

2. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

For me it is unplayable with rapid fire. Aimed shot works well, rapid fire is worst.

3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Ah so it might be because i am not using rapid fire.

4. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I have removed rapid fire from my active skills, and still my arrows shoot to the left, shoot to the right and today they even shoot in an curve ball arc type . So I armed rapid fire and sometimes it works, but very rarely .... and the arrows shoot everywhere lol, straight , curved, left , right, and sometimes do lil dmg .... to a lot lol . so messed up...

5. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

yea its gross atm.

They should have reverted back to old update..
    Game is on sale, and its the holidays. And im sure they just broke a large % of characters.
    Not impressed at all. And still broken.

Chatele likes this.
  6. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

I had to completely change my deck and learn other schools. It's broken since elevation sh*t...

Chatele and MrBlight like this.
  7. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Still broken.

8. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Yep, still broken In MPO.... I have been playing in SPO for now, have no issues there ...

9. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

yea its related to the sync issue or w.e

Can manage in solo play. Second im with someone else, its a broken game.

10. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

I tried rapid fire yesterday again multiplayer. I could play for 3,5 hours with just a few problems, lets say hit quota at ~80%. At one moment I noticed to not hit at 25% quota. I change to single player but same behaviour.

11. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I'm not convinced it is related to elevation at all. For example, today I was fighting a skeleton mage, so I was standing still. First round of rapid fire worked. Second round (without moving at all) did not work. The mage did not move either.

12. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Can we get a time frame on this?

I normally play a couple hours every day, and i simply havn't opened the game except to confirm this same stupid issue is still happening.

Chatele likes this.
  13. Morgoth redbeard

Morgoth redbeard Avatar

to day i was in a big party in ulfheim and not only did my rapied shot stop work but all of a sudden my aimed shot also stopt working
    relog fixed it for a bit but wen i party i have to relog like amoust evry 5mins
    was at ulfheim at the bears seem to afect all the archers in the party and some of my shot went and stopt right nexst to a party member instead of going for the bears

14. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Anytime i play with another person, it de syncs and ranged basically stops working. Relog fixs for like 5 min yea.

And now solo, im crashing on like 1/4 the instances.. cant even log into game now lol..

And my internet connection is solid and my rig is a tank. =P never ever had issues till last *patch*.
    Basically havnt played sota in a week and a half, and wont till im assuming monday night when they back to fix it.

Bad time to have this patch, especially with the sale on steam (why do the sale then leave on holidays when the current pop is so low and the previous steam reviews were awful) .. not gonna do the game any favors.

15. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Is there a timeframe for this fix yet?

16. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Apologies about the delay in getting this issue resolved. We are currently looking into it and will update the community as soon as we have a fix to report.

17. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

So I noticed a new issue today... In addition to both rapid fire and aimed shot, sometimes my "power shot" (I.e., holding down the left mouse key to max out the power of my attack) just disappears when I shoot (let go of the left mouse key). I see it launch, but it never hits the target, and it isn't recorded as a miss, either (nor as interrupted). It just literally disappears before hitting the target, like it never happened.

18. LordLulz

LordLulz Avatar

Still looking for that time table for when this will be fixed... This and the desynce issues have completely ruined our last 3 party outings, turned them into giant, frustrating wastes of time. Even avatars who have hundreds of hours logged are playing other games citing this issue as the reason.

And just IMO, very bad PR starting up another "vote for us" campaign while this major mechanic has been broken for weeks. Very frustrating to see that but no patches being put out. Please give us an update on this asap.

lafe1969 and Chatele like this.
  19. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ranged-skills-issues.74461/page-3#post-735028

20. LordLulz

LordLulz Avatar

Im asking for time table, 48 hours seems like a decent amount of time to give some type of update of when it will be fixed. Look I get it, the games early release and these things are gonna happen, but the lake of updating about this one is getting very frustrating. If it's going to take a day to fix it, great, if it's going to take 2 weeks to fix it, that's fine also, but I want to know that. I feel like a time table would be a good way to alleviate the building frustration with this problem.

Mishikal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.