1. This forum section contains Blog style threads from the Developers, and/or threads with details about what they have been working on, previews of upcoming content, and sometimes backstory associated with the content. Players are permitted to reply to these threads if the developer has indicated it is permissible by leaving the thread unlocked. Please note that TOS applies, and any abuse or trolling will be moderated.
    Dismiss Notice

K'rul preview

Discussion in 'Developer Work and Blog posts' started by Vas Corp Por, Jan 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

There will be access to the dungeon through Skrekk. Stop Crying.

2. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

We are working on other plans to make the PVP areas (shardfalls, ruins, bloodbay) more enticing in general. K'rul is irrelevant to that effort.

3. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I think it will fill up nicely. People are trying to get this artefacts and such at moment and when housing goes in i think most players who care about pvp will try and place there...next release i bet it picks up in there a lot.

4. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

So double resources is not enough incentive? From what I understand double resources are in the shardfall area already.

Leelu and majoria70 like this.
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Thanks for the response. I love the new areas but once people have seen it they will need continuing incentives to go to these areas. We understand that perhaps areas have to be there before the incentives and that all incentives are not in the game and that you are all working so hard. Thanks for listening. :) Let us know if we can help in any way ;)

6. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I know..... I was replying to somebody else who was crying that we have access and not going thru the PVP zone.. ..... LOL I wasn't the one crying ....

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  7. Silis

Silis Avatar

No it really isn't since its still more effective to hide in Friends Only or Single Player Online and hide in the resource dense zones.

8. Duke Gréagóir

You are aware that resources are less plentiful in single online and friends only than in multiplayer.

Chatele likes this.
  9. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

Are resource increases really an incentive? If so why are those places deserted?

Chatele likes this.
  10. Duke Gréagóir

Good point. Clearly that incentive is not working so it should be removed, right?

Aldo likes this.
  11. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

There is 0 difference in the nodes.
    There is a higher chance for the rare drops in the node. But the nodes itself don't yield more.
    But since those "rare" drops aren't really rare no one really cares I guess. I mean who needs tons of beetle carapace? ^^ A few is enough.

The drop of COTOs is a lot higher. So if you want that nice house it might be worth it. But there you see the problem.
    Housing is not really obtainable by playing the game. Only indirect via lottery you can get ur piece of land. THAT NEEDS TO CHANGE ASAP....

The Shardfalls and Ruins need better resource yields and mobs to become attractive to level in. Right now they are not competitive vs the risk of being ganked.

12. Uncle Sven

Uncle Sven Avatar

Any Tailor trying to fill a mages order. A few hundred is more likely what is needed.

13. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Yeah but thats nothing really.

14. Uncle Sven

Uncle Sven Avatar

Its' a damn sight more than a few. It is in fact a hundred times more. Which is infinitely more than nothing.

15. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Posts like this in a highlighted color and aggressive tone are.
    Thanks for asking.

At topic: I like the idea of the second entrance. PvP dungeons don't make much sense anyway.

16. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I did on Sunday. Heard that the Obsidian elementals dropped good stuff. killed at least 100 and got 4 potions but thats it. The resources were abundant but not enough if you ask me. Probably wont go back until something changes. Although no one was in the shardfall, its not worth it worrying about being ganked.

17. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Sorry you took it as aggressive..... the ???? Is a serious question ..... not meant to be aggressive, I wanted to know what the problem was you had with us being able to go k'rul using the secret passage or what ever it is as apposed to not going thru the PVP zone, when I don't PVP .... that's all, no biggie

18. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I had no problem with it actually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.