Late 90's style website? Revamp desperately needed!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nezakhan, Jul 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

[​IMG]

Montaigne likes this.
  2. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

What is ironic: Last time I did a website for a client using Flash WAS in 1999. So, which thing is more like the 90s? =o

I think the OP is simply looking at the appearance of things rather than the reality of web design in 2014. CSS+JS+HTML5+Responsive design is what we have here, and that IS what is current in web design.

I think that OP is confusing web design with graphics design.

And, animated and sites with sound, they are hugely frowned upon unless they are specifically about those things, especially for the problems of mobile platforms and users on browsers still from the 1990s.

=p

Retro likes this.
  3. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

Yes, word press is the devil, but SOTA still looks better. :)

Time Lord likes this.
  4. smack

smack Avatar

I will have to second third 100th what every one else says: those website examples are absolutely horrid.

Time Lord, Retro and PrimeRib like this.
  5. Fox Cunning

Fox Cunning Localization Team

While I agree that SotA's website could definitely use a rework, those two websites look like an example of awfully bad design to me - and I hope Portalarium will never use the evil implement of torture which is Flash.

Time Lord and Retro like this.
  6. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

No matter the web design there is still room to tell a story and immerse people in the feel of Ultima.

7. Johnny Black

Johnny Black Avatar

I enjoy how clean and user friendly the site is, I have never felt like I was lost. The only grievance I have with the site is that the front page should archive the "news" updates better (that much scrolling is a tad bit sloppy). Please, please, don't put any flash openings on the site (they make me cry)...

8. Retro

Retro Avatar

A while back I bitched and moaned about the state of website, and surly enough they fixed EVERY single issue on my list, I'm quite happy with the website now. I still think they should link the Deep Dive videos on the splash page, but that's minor.

and those flash websites linked in the OP, brutal....that would be completely the wrong direction IMHO.

The website is fine...(and this is coming from one of it's toughest critics)

9. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I kinda like the rustic feel of this web site, after being on so many others.

That said, i find myself clicking through one or two too many links to get to news and forums, and some changes around that would be most appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.