Link the Outskirts

Discussion in 'New Player Experience Feedback' started by Vladamir Begemot, Jun 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Lots of time and effort are going into them and they will be the only 3 early player "finished" (ie, stuff to do, and lots of it) scenes for a while.

Figure out a way to get the early players going back and forth between the three, it also will help get them on all three quests. No reason to have the players being skull level 2 by the time they make it to the next outskirt.

2. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Yeah a moongate in each one and open all the time for no waiting.

Sir_Michael likes this.
  3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

And lead tell the players to use them. This might help people get over the "I'm supposed to do the whole Love Quest first" problem as well. If they get used to moving back and forth between the 3 then they will just naturally do it all the way up.

4. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

I think we are supposed to get direction on moving back and forth between story lines. I started another character in offline mode and the Shuttered Eye quest says this may be challenging for you.

New players may need to go do two or three rounds of quests in the Outskirts areas in order to continue without grinding.

I moved on to the Hidden Vale and will work on another round of quests to get built up some more.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  5. redfish

redfish Avatar

Players should learn more about the bigger world before they move on to other story lines. Understand the place on the map where the three outskirts exist, how the cities are linked by virtues, learn about skill level and skull-tier difficulty, how to travel. You can't do that by keeping new players sheltered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.