Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Load times one the zone screen

Discussion in 'Release 39 Feedback Forum' started by weezdiggity, Mar 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weezdiggity

weezdiggity Avatar

I've seen a few people mention the long load times of the zone screens and even the game constantly not responding while on it as well. I just started the game and it is really becoming a pain when all I want to do is quest and level up. Is this problem being looked at yet?

FrostII likes this.
  2. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

They know it is a problem, as does everyone else because it is one of those most frustrating things about the game and is often complained about. I mean they are worse than Bloodbourne loading times. =P

I don't know the technical details behind why they are so long though - need a Dev to answer why they have had trouble decreasing them.

FrostII likes this.
  3. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I just can recommend to move the game on ssd and having 16GB RAM.
    Have loadtimes of about 30s.

It should improve and afaik it is on their list.

Innascual Inch likes this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Quests aren't done atm. The game is not necessarily in a state everyone wants to play in ATM. For those of us who have been here for going on 4 years, we have to find our fun while the game is getting fleshed out and more developed to offer the best experience for people. That's why we are here and I agree that's not why everyone is here. Not everyone is a fanboy or girl willing to play it out and stick with it. Some just want it now:). So welcome and if I can help or advise of distractions and things to do while we go forward, please friend Majoria in game anytime ;)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  5. rpgmaniac82

rpgmaniac82 Avatar

Hail and welcome! to answer your questions yes the devs know about that issue and are working on it many people have that problem right now,feel free to add me in game (IGN galahad dragonsbane) or ask me any questions cheers and welcome to sota:D!

majoria70 likes this.
  6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

The load times occupy one of the very top spots on their list of what needs more work....
    Give 'em more time and they'll get it fixed.
    Hang in there like the rest of us..............;)

7. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

What I would like to see is zero load time. I am casual and this is becoming my most annoying experience with SotA right now. It actually makes me think about to log in or not because my time for playing is limited and I don't want to use it for viewing loading screens.

8. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I understand that very well.
    You need to decide if the Rest of the game is worth waiting.
    I play on an old Machine, and for many Month i had loadtimes of 1 -2 Minutes, beside the basements what was sometimes faster, but i am not as often in a basement :p
    Dont know what youre loadtimes actually are, but really move the game to an ssd and having 16GB RAM was a big boost for me and i am ok with that, but i still hate to travel and knowing i have 4 to 8 screens to go where i want if i haven't any scrolls.

9. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

Specs of my computer should not be the issue with ssd, 32gb of ram, i5 3570k and a gtx 1070. load times are between 30 secs and what feels like an eternity (e.g. Ardoris). Novia feels disconnected and not like one big and immersive world with load times.

10. weezdiggity

weezdiggity Avatar

Thanks for all the replies and it's good to know that it is a known issue and look forward to it being worked on! I'd be fine with even having to download more of the game files to drop the load times at least in half.

majoria70 likes this.
  11. Randbo

Randbo Avatar

speaking of this stuff.
    many times i go into verat chaos or new britannian market and i am sitting there waiting for the scene to load WHILE IN GAME and whats worse, 2 FPS.

yes, 2 frames per second.
    gt 780 graphics, 24 gigs ram and this WAS NOT happening before.
    i hope they are working on that too. its a change the past few weeks for the worse.
    nevertheless, i have faith that they will fix this stuff.

12. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Apologies about the load times, we are indeed always thinking about this area of concern!

weezdiggity likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.