Looking for people to roleplay with

Discussion in 'Roleplayer's Corner' started by Helvig Ingvildsdottir, Aug 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

I've been playing this game for a few months now, and while I have met many nice people and made aquaintances, I still seem to fail at meeting up with other roleplayers (= people that stay in character all or most of the time). Slowly, the game is getting boring without RP. I am aware that there is Andartianna's pub event, which I have been trying to join for weeks now, but alas, it is 2am on Tuesday mornings for me, so I haven't succeeded so far. I also read about Elgarion's trasure hunt quest, which sounds awesome, but doesn't seem to give any RP interaction unless one is lucky and meets Elgarion in person.

So: I am looking for roleplayers that actually play a character, in order to get some interaction for my viking shaman-type huntress and her assumed twin, a warrior-blacksmith who commands the forge in more than one way (we are two players, just to make that clar, not two characters of the same player). We are currently based in Ironhall and are not looking to join a guild or move to a different location permanently (= move our house. We might consider renting a room at a RP location that we -really- like and happen to hang out at often). We really just want people to hang out with that are into immersive RP and that don't care about guild tags and such. We play on evenings European time, but are willing to do odd hours for events and such on weekends. We prefer to RP in English, but will also RP in German or Swedish. Also willing to RP in shakespearean-influenced English upon request, but only if the respective player knows the basics of Early Modern English (=Shakespearean English) grammar (unlike the guards in Norgard that don't seem to know that such a thing as grammar even exists).

If you'd like to roleplay with us, please add us to your friends list and whisper us ingame or send a message in the forums. We are Helvig Ingvildsdottir and Voelund Ildhammar ingame. You might occasionally also find us on Discord as Laele and CheStree. You'll find our character decriptions and background stories on RPOTA.com.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  2. Vox Aquila

Vox Aquila Avatar

3. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Ill just join the list here... dont care where anyone is located, as its hilariously easy to walk across the entire continent ;). Just hit me up in game and form a group!

My avatar wanders the land. He was into swamps a few weeks ago, but now is really all about deserts. Location matters not, as long as there is adventure to be had or good foods to be eaten (or both!).

He is a stranger to these lands, and thus you may find some of his speech strange, as he does yours. He only cares if you do. He also uses /em a lot.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  4. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Glad you're considering the treasure hunt, but alas, yes, I'm hard to track down these days with my new job. 60-70 hrs per week leaves me little time for gameplay, let alone RP. BUT, nonetheless, please add me to your friends list (I sent a friend request). I'm sure our paths will cross one day. And thank you so much for utilizing RPOTA -- I'm reading your character bio right now :) As for searching for RP players, it is a challenge as the player population is very low pre-launch. Stay tuned in to the event calendar, and engage in RP at the light RP events in attempts to discover the more heavy RP'ers amongst the attendees. I used to attend @Stryker Sparhawk 's Happy Hour and would find several willing to RP, even Stryker himself. I truly believe however, that the RP community will thrive in SotA after launch, as the game is geared very well for this type of gameplay. And with possibilities of a new quest creation system and dungeon creation system? The sky might just be the limit for creativity :)

5. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Happy Hour is usually a different mix of some RP, some not very close to RP... It all depends on who arrives. :)

Tavern's Respite (an event that @Elgarion ran on Monday nights) was always a good RP event on Monday night.

Now, on Monday nights is the event in Verat Chaos; I have gone to once or twice, and perhaps I was at the very early ones where it was getting its groove. I should go back to see if more happens.

Stundorn, RoStudios and Cassyr Dubois like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.