Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Lot deed drops

Discussion in 'Release 53 QA Feedback Forum' started by Earl Atogrim von Draken, Apr 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Really? Where did you hide this topic?
    I can't be the first one to post about it.
    No rage? No love? No drop statistics?
    What's up with you ppl ^^?!

2. Thief

Thief Avatar

I opened 35 blue bags and got 3x homes.

3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

That's not too bad. Which homes?

4. Thief

Thief Avatar

one bag dropped 2x row another one viking village.

All 3 dropped in first 10 bags.

5. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

I guess they will tone down drop rate lots...

6. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

Y'all are mentioning houses, not lot deeds. I'm curious to know lot deed rates.

7. SteelCore

SteelCore Avatar

If house and lot deeds only drop in the higher tier blue and orange bags is kinda reverse from what i personally thought they would be available for everyone.. Dropping like COTO's, no matter if its tier 1 or tier 10 mobs. Would be more fair for the new people who just joined the game...

8. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Last time i looked housing was considerd end game content.
    Dunno if that changed or not.
    But i see no reason why they shouldn't be able to drop in low level bags. Though with a very very small drop rate.

Vermine, twofoldsilence and Kara Brae like this.
  9. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I will be sorely disappointed if lot deeds only appear in end boss loot. A great number of players have never seen a high end supply bundle and might never expect to get one, either as loot or per purchase (too expensive). But I see numerous posts by a small circle of power players who regularly solo dragons, clear sieges including multiple cabalists within minutes, etc etc. They are in-game rich already, already have the in-game financial means to purchase housing. Adding house and lot deeds to their loot won’t do anything to attract new players, but will make the already rich get richer and enable them to dominate the real estate market to an even greater extent. I think it is important to keep in mind that there are many players who are extremely interested in housing and decorating but are less or not at all interested in combat. Rewarding only the super hero type of player (with this loot) will make the game less attractive to other types of players.

I don’t begrudge players who managed to grind their way to the top of the combat pyramid the fruits of their labors. But I believe that Housing has a special role in the game. In my mind it is a carrot ideally suited to attract players who don’t engage in high end combat.

10. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

I suggested in Darkstarr's patch note draft that the team be clear on what supply bags drop houses and deeds, but I have not seen that addressed yet. I think it is important to let people know how to get these, and especially provide feedback if you really can only get these in upper tier supply drops.

I agree it would be a shame if newer and lower level players had no way to get these, even if it is a super remote chance on lower bags it gives hope to those that cannot/will not buy deeds and are not able to handle the content that drops blue and orange bags.

11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I am saving my bags for R53 on Thursday. I thought about peeking in QA to see what I would get but I probably won't.

12. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

I think dropping in high end loot bags won't do much to ensure the non rich and powerful to get access to lots.

13. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Darkstarr did addrees it, early in the R53 notes feedback thread. At first he said, I donèt have nor want to say because that would lead to bag speculation on the live server. He later agreed that a more non-descript comment along the lines of you'll have to figure it out yourselves was added. Check out the lot deeds section of the release notes.

14. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

I do not think a "just open some bags to find out!" is very helpful, and I gave examples in that thread as to why that is not a great way to go about it.

Bag speculation is going to happen no matter what, and I think letting people who may not have a lot of gold hoping that a grey/yellow bag could drop a deed is not particularly wonderful if those cannot actually drop one.

The addition of these is great as it adds another way for avatars to get a home, so on the whole this is a big positive. I just think being cheeky about how to get these only hurts newer and lower level players.

Edit: One other thing to consider - there is nothing stopping someone from claiming in game and on the forums that they got drops out of any bag, even if they really did not. If someone wants to try to increase the price of grey or yellow bags, they can. Another reason not to obfuscate this so much, in my opinion.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    Kara Brae likes this.
  15. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Essh.... That is actually distrubing for those of us (and there are many) trying to sell old houses in game.

I support lot deeds (for one, they sound like they are the taxed variety so they dont compete with pricing on pledge items), but I think this fundamentally devalues a lot of our houses that people need to sell. This isnt even RMT thing, the simple fact is that they designed this game over the past 4 years selling new houses every release and many of us bought them as they came out (because honestly they got better and better) so lots of us have houses would need to sell (aka like me, in game for gold).

16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Did you get house deeds or lot deeds?

17. Thief

Thief Avatar

no deeds sadly.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Barugon likes this.
  18. mass

mass Avatar

As someone who likes to craft houses, I actually agree quite a bit with this sentiment. I always thought the focus would be giving more access to taxable lot deeds, not houses. If they want more house availability, create more craftables :).

19. Despothes2

Despothes2 Avatar

I opened my 100 bundles and got nothing housing related. Got some junk crafted gear that wasn't enchanted or MW'd though! lol

20. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

I’d like to see tiny amounts of drops for deeds in every mob. But then again, why bundles for higher chance? Because they are harder to obtain.

Otherwise high levels would just farm out lower tiers en mass and quickly just to get them all. Soon the server would reach the lot space availability.

About house deeds (3 homes for 35 packs? For me this is too high already), the NPC sell price could be raised for them (not by far of course) so you just dump them if you can’t sell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.