Lot owner self defense

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Tahru, Jan 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Borg

Borg Avatar

I thought the main purpose for a Selective Multiplayer Game was the ability to !!poof!! people instantly out of your game.

Joviex and Solstar like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Borg are you talking about the single player online mode? I know I have been in that mode and had someone zone to me. It was a terrific and wonderful surprise of course I loved the company,
    but it showed me that single player online mode was still accessable to others at this time. I don't have a problem with it if it is on purpose but just mentioning it. Not sure exactly what you're asking about.

3. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

lol seriously? Is this supposed to be a game feature? Or is it going to change, where when you're in single player, no one else can enter your game?

That's confusing to me. o_O

4. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

I'm pretty sure it has been reported as a bug, but couldn't find it in known issues or r13 bug forums... Quite sure it's not intended; we should take in consideration that the zone comand may be only for GM's, so maybe it works that way so they can appear in your single player online experience to tell you something.

Caliya likes this.
  5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I think we have a good balance right now in the design. If you don't like what someone is saying, you can turn it off with the ignore button. If you don't want people in your house, you'll be able to keep them out. If you don't like people in general, you can play a variety of single player modes.

But if you don't want specific people on the border of your property? That seems a bit much, doesn't it?

What's next, I don't like people that use the coconut emote (which I don't) so I want them removed from my sight?

Noctiflora and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  6. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

At the time it sounded like /zoning to someone's SPO was intended functionality of the /zone command (which will be taken away before the game goes live), but now in R13 it has been adjusted to prevent us zoning to someone in SPO (<character name> is in a private instance and cannot be zoned).

Leos and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  7. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

Oh
    my
    GOD

You're willing to take away Patsy's work! you heartless Baron...

Otherwise I think this topic has an interesting point; if i don't want anybody to enter in my house, and you're advised not to enter on it, why not? fully consensual :D Maybe that will keep jumping wizards out of other people wizard towers

8. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

It sounds great when you think about a 1v1 match where you win and they go away and the problem is solved.

But how about a 1v5 match where you can no longer go back into your house?

Or how about a 1v1 match where you don't win, or can't win?

Or how about a person that invites you to dinner so they can pk you?

The normal constructs of "real life" prevent a lot of this from happening. People get into arguments and do annoying stuff all the time, but we as a society have found ways to prevent and curve a lot of the abuses that takes place on a day to day basis, at least where I live. So it's reasonable to assume that if someone comes into another person's house in real life and they're not wanted, EVENTUALLY they will pay a price for that. But in video games, that's sooooo not true.

I'd really enjoy more risk vs. reward in the game, but this just seems custom made to do more harm than good.

9. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

Or how about a conga coconut emote dancing in your lot, and you only have kind words to drive them out? :D

Sorry, i'll take it (half) seriously. It's probably simpler to put in a system not to allow people enter in your house (by locking the door with a key, for example), but a violent flag for the owner may be fun and suitable for some RP. Who don't remember the typical scene of some guy entering in "private property" and the owner pointing at him with a shotgun? All the situations described above can be avoided if this tag places a sign of DO NOT ENTER or DO NOT TRESPASS or something like that in the front door, and a message in game acknowledging the owner may hit you for trespassing without permission.

Of course, players who are in the friend/acquaintance/don't-know-his-name-but-i-salute-him-anyway list shouldn't trigger that flag, and if you invite me to your house... i expect to be at least salutable :D also, if you see some thugs (with coconuts) in your lawn they can't hit you unless you hit them first, so you'll know if you're willing to take the risk.

Just discussing for the sake of the argument really, i know there are more reasons not to do this than to do it (there are simpler ways of avoiding people in somebody else's lots, people who want to shot unwelcomed guests can do it in a PVP flagged POT) but i can't stop thinking about it as a cool feature.

Tahru likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.