Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Love Quest Complete? Help Needed (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Release 42 Feedback Forum' started by Vyrin, Jun 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

TL;DR Anyone know how to get the spirit talker to accompany you to Malice? Yama says you need it. I hired Kardan originally. I can't trigger Samael to say he will join me. Please tell me I'm just missing something.

So the Path of Love was supposed to be complete, and I decided to start playing it since they announced the story/quest reset at the telethon.

Through many clunky conversations, I did make my way to Spite. Figured out I needed to talk to Yama to get across to Malice. Even saw Samael there and said, "Hey bud, sorry I didn't hire you back at Ardoris. Yeah, Kardane did turn out to be a tool. Lesson learned. Oh, you want to go to Malice too? Ok. See you there I guess."

The problem for me is that I hired Kardan as the spirit talker for the Necropolis. He abandons you at the Crypt of the Avatar. Yet, when I make it across to Malice, Yama says I still need a spirit talker. "Oh what? You could have mentioned that earlier.... and didn't Samael say he was coming? Well, it's annoying to hit 2 load screens again, but I'll go back and see if I can speed him up."

Back at the pub, "Samael come on! Why are you still here! Move! I hire you already! Isn't this your job? Get on with it! Or are you miffed that I hired Kardan and this is some sort of payback. Gah!"

In other words, maybe it's me being daft, but I couldn't figure out how to get the spirit talker I was told I needed by Yama. Is this bugged because I hired Kardan originally? Anyone know how to get past it?

I spent some time trying to figure it out but not a lot and let me tell you why. This point of the adventure didn't feel like an authentic part of the quest that I needed to investigate, just a clunky disconnect on something that I needed to do that might be bugged. If I can trust something that is portrayed as playable, I mean that the answer seems to be there and I just haven't found it, I will pour time into finding it. If it gives me the sense that this is something clunky or bugged, my interest wanes beyond bug reporting. And I don't think I'm different than a lot of players.

It's early June. Story complete promised end of July. There's more to say about the experience of the Path of Love quest, but that feedback will come when and if I complete it. I have to say it makes me nervous.

2. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

I just wanted to add that I also played the love quest (until I got stuck a bit later in Malice). For something that was meant to be polished it felt very clunky to me as well. Several conversations just don't flow, and you end up just mashing keywords on npc's to try and get past a blockage.

Overall it was not an enjoyable experience.

3. Elfenwahn

Elfenwahn Avatar

Maybe Yama gave you the key anyways and Samael is already inside Malice? He was not on the shore but in Malice it self in my game and I hired him directly.

Vyrin likes this.
  4. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

I will try to go further into Malice. I did try to see if he was at the entrance inside... nope. I will let you know...

5. Elfenwahn

Elfenwahn Avatar

He should be in the larger room behind the spider gate.

discipleofweb likes this.
  6. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

@Vyrin I got stuck at that exact same point as well at one stage, and I also hired Kardan for the earlier parts of the storyline. Although Samuel said that he would meet me at Malice, and the boatman said that Samuel would catch up with me at Malice, he was not there when I took the boat and I couldn;t progress. I ended up triggering it (again, but making it work this time) by going back to the tavern in spite and mashing keywords.

Vyrin likes this.
  7. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Well that proved to work Elnoth. Somehow I got the quest entry that said meet Samael in Malice. The entry still said to meet him at the undertaker's wagon though not inside.

He was there in a central room a little ways into the complex. Apparently though I somehow helped him to let go of his dead wife Muriel. That was confusing... I'm guessing that happens if you hire him for Necropolis. That was also important in the discussion with Anapa. I wasn't ready for the fight and got creamed, SO I decided to take another breather before continuing.

I'm also not connecting the dots yet - maybe if I am able to free Sequanna she will explain to me what is going on in summary.

Sadly, this quest line is nowhere near as complete as I was led to believe from the updates.

8. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Sorry, it should be communicated clearer.

- If you hire Kardan, he abandons you in the Crypt of the Avatar, and you have to hire Samael to continue in Spite.
    - When you meet Yama outside Malice, he tells you Samael has gone in ahead of you.
    - Samael tells you he quits because all he cares about is his wife
    - As you talk to him you convince him to let go of his obsession (there should be text prompts as you progress). Until you do you can't free Sequanna.

9. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Thanks very much for this information!

I think the break occurred for me in #2. At Malice, Yama spoke about needing a spirit talker and I can't remember him mentioning that Samael was inside. I also missed what I did to actually hire Samael since I didn't seem to get anything definitive that he would accompany me when I talked to him at the pub in Spite. I did follow the part about him needing to let go of his wife, but was unsure about the effect that had on freeing Sequanna based on the dialog.

Here was a suggestion I made.... maybe it would help to have some longer explanatory dialogue. I tended to get lost with triggering the key words... https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/questing-and-keywords-a-suggestion.91503/

10. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

11. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thanks, that will be helpful, we're going to do another pass on that scene soon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.