Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Loving the new NPC conversation mode... big improvement... BUT

Discussion in 'Release 11 Feedback' started by Carlin the Druid Archer, Oct 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

Anybody have a screenshot? I doubt I'll have the time for this release, but this sounds awesome! Thanks.

Margard likes this.
  2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Not really sure a single screenshot conveys the system properly, but here ya go :

The camera is locked in this perspective for the duration of the conversation.​

[​IMG]

Margard and docdoom77 like this.
  3. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

Neat! Thanks!

Margard and Duke NRaas like this.
  4. redfish

redfish Avatar

In the older Ultima games, if you pressed ENTER with no text, it would end the conversation, automatically saying BYE to the person. Its easier than ESC.

mike11 likes this.
  5. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

I love this, and it is a very happy medium for me between the old portrait system from the later ultimas and the chat window conversations that happened prior to this release.

My suggestion here would be that if you are going to shift focus to enter a conversation, then it should be assumed I am IN a conversation, so I should NOT have to click in the chat box or hit "enter" to continue the conversation. In all honesty, I have found that cumbersome since I started back in R4.

Another suggestion would be since you are shifting focus, perhaps shift to a higher res version of the npc? I know the limitations, but there are ways this might be mitigated performance-wise.

6. Net

Net Avatar

I hate the new conversation mode. It pulls me out of the game flow, to force different view for conversations seems wrong to me, and it feels to forced on me. I hope it is optional ,i really prefered the freedom before when I could walk away during conversation when I saw familiar palyer run past...

7. MogwaiX

MogwaiX Avatar

It's much, much better than the original version. Now you actually know you are in a conversation with someone.

8. Carlin the Druid Archer

Carlin the Druid Archer Avatar

I guess they could make it an option for those who hate it.

Personally I really really like the new conversation mode and can see that with some work (and more diverse NPC models) it will make playing through the story so much better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.