Manually multi boxing 5 characters in Shroud of the Avatar

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dread Pirate, Jan 3, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dread Pirate

Dread Pirate Avatar

Ahoy avatars!

After many requests I've made a video demonstrating how I multi box 5 characters in Shroud of the Avatar:

The cursor is moving quickly so try slowing the video to 0.25 speed if you are having trouble seeing it.

If you have any questions or comments feel free to hit me up here, on discord at Dread Pirate#7132 or Dread Pirate in game.

Royou, Mishras, Duffrey Blake and 4 others like this.
  2. krakenvarados

krakenvarados Avatar

Lol, osu player?;)

3. Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin

Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin Avatar

Why is multi boxing even allowed?

4. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

cool but i kill faster than that solo ;p

StarLord, Chris, Dread Pirate and 4 others like this.
  5. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

To make player numbers look higher than they are?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    Evadrepus, Dantuin and Cordelayne like this.
  6. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

I will leave this game if smth not would be made with macros/botting tools like ISboxer and My opinion - you automatically broadcast actions, its equal to botting and strongly prohibited.

P.S. Probably you have click rate near to starcraft player, doubt that you can do it for a long time but anyway I will I apologize in this case. And would say that you are a multibox king of SOTA.
    BUT can you pls describe why it look so ? After it I will put my version :D
    There is 3 frames, one go after another on 5-30:
    1)[​IMG]
    2)[​IMG]
    3)[​IMG]

Mal Hari likes this.
  7. Rekih

Rekih Avatar

I can't access to this but thank you @Dread Pirate for sharing, I'm sure this is interesting for someone in this community.

*Oh, and thats not botting, just multiboxing using all your accounts.

Arrogant as always, what a surprise coming from this guy.

Royou, Dread Pirate, Dantuin and 4 others like this.
  8. Vero

Vero Avatar

Cracking me up! Nice speedy mouse man. Props Next video 5 dragons in different instances?

9. DavidDC

arrogant? im not showing videos of me multiboxing, just saying its worthless since it take less time solo, why do all that lol

Mal Hari likes this.
  10. Katu

Katu Avatar

Oh man.. This leaves me completely speechless.

@Chris can never balance loot and make this game fun for single adventurer, when there are people like you doing what you do.
    It's so broken, that there is absolutely no reason to try and fight anything, because either you are super high level solo bosskiller or you overcompensate with 5 accounts and everything has to balance around those.

I certainly hope, we get loot based on level and remove leeching of xp ( too high or low level mobs and you get no xp).

Multiboxing is allowed in many games, but not all those games allow boosting accounts and allow RMT etc..

Meh, here I am waiting for something to drag me back in, but instead find stuff like this..

Rhunon, Xandra7, FrostII and 5 others like this.
  11. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

Seems kind of against the spirit of things...

12. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Problem is not multiboxing by itself, its impossible to fight with it. Usually you will be tired very soon if you fight with smth dangerous (not UT:D) manually on many avatars. It will balance your speed.
    The real problem here is software for multiboxing like ISboxer, is VERY advanced, its allow to write advanced scripts and advanced defence against botting detect tools. And finally it broadcasting anything(even results of advanced scripts) to any window of your choice easily. This why any type of broadcasting is prohibited in EVE. Even EVE with unlimited budget have problems with detecting advanced bots. IMHO In SOTA where devs bandwidth is very limited, the only choice is to deny usage of such type software completely(which is hard to do too, but hope it will be easier to implement such instrument in SOTA(which detect software like isboxer), then fight with advanced bots made on it).

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  13. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Alts at work. I don't see anything wrong, especially if each one is sub'd

Royou, StarLord, Dread Pirate and 3 others like this.
  14. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

@Dread Pirate ; Do whatever floats your boat. Pun intended “Grins”. R/Boris/El Pirata

Royou, Dread Pirate, Mal Hari and 2 others like this.
  15. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

Kudos for putting that amount of effort in. I dont do this, but that due to my (as player) skills, I dont think i could ever keep up.

To those saying this should not be allowed. Can see no reason why it should not be allowed. Even if it wasn't there is no way to stop it.

As long the player is at the keyboard and manually controlling all the clients I see no problem. Now if multi broadcast and/or botting is used then I see a problem.

To stop this you would have to not allow multiple people to login from the same home, no more husbands, wives, children playing together. Even then there is ways to get around that.

How from a balance point of view is this any different from 5 separate players, except probably less effective.

Yes as an individual it is different, but from a macro economical point of view of the entire player economy is it no different than 5 separate players. So unless you are selling in RMT it makes no difference to you, if you are buying it probably makes stuff cheaper. If you are selling stuff on RMT, all power to you, but balance and game rules should not be set for selling via RMT as far as i am concerned.

Regards
    Spung

Royou, Dread Pirate, FrostII and 9 others like this.
  16. Numa

Numa Avatar

Quite frankly, if I could deploy my water elemental and my obsidian bear out at the same time - then other players can multi-box all they like :)

This would extend the type of content I can access solo for the (many) times I can't find a group.

17. Black Knight2

Black Knight2 Avatar

Why not? I don’t think sota wouldn’t mind someone paying for multiple accounts.i own 2 and 2 box. More power to yA Dreadpirate!!

(aka) BK

Royou, StarLord, Dread Pirate and 4 others like this.
  18. Katu

Katu Avatar

It's free to play

Boris Mondragon and Mal Hari like this.
  19. DavidDC

Like spinok said, multiboxing is a thing many do, i know some low level player playing many character at once that doesnt cause any trouble. The problem is the script used to click all screen at once, that is closer to macroing than anything. Which is an automation program running in the background simulating click on every screen.

Anpu, Ancev and Sara Dreygon like this.
  20. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

And here we are, when someone, not just a random new face here, who has being here in this community for years spend his time posting to share something for everyone interested, we just start talking about ban actions, scripts and any other pointless stuff instead of being grateful with him. Wish we could get more players like him supporting this game.

If someone is looking for a discussion about multiboxing vs scripting, or anything related to what is allowed or not in this game, I would recommend to open a new thread for that topic.

This is why we can't have nice things, I guess.

Lace, Royou, eli and 13 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.