Max Level(Number) of Skills

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Chief Owens, Sep 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chief Owens

Chief Owens Avatar

Is there a Max Number of Skills and Levels in the game still? I see a way to turn off learning new levels but now a way to get rid of skills. I want to make sure I don't FUBAR my character.

Mata likes this.
  2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

There is no "maximum" in the manner you are suggesting.

Under the use-based system, skill decay applies an implicit maximum : In that you will eventually reach a point where you are unable to acquire sufficient experience to offset the daily decay rate on all your skills.

If you are concerned about the decay, here is a thread you should read : https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ing-darkstarr-r21-postmortem-challenge.37350/

It is unnecessary to remove older skills to acquire new ones (the ones you don't use will simply decay from non-use), so you can respec your character later on with no worries. :)

Mata likes this.
  3. Chief Owens

Chief Owens Avatar

Thanks mate!

Mata and Duke Raas like this.
  4. agra

agra Avatar

I would say that's a little misleading. Respec, to me, implies you do it instantly. The process you're describing could take weeks or months, for a single skill, depending on how many you have at what skill level already.

And it will get worse as time goes on, if you continue to progress.

Katrina Bekers likes this.
  5. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome chiefowens!

6. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

While it could take weeks or months for that skill to reach zero, the ability to gain in unlocked skills won't be impeded anymore than it was before. In fact, so long as you lock the skill you no longer want and don't unlock any others, you'll gain in your desired skills faster. You still have to take the requisite time to learn the new skill you want. Just so long as the one you want to lose skill in is locked, you can essentially consider it gone and not blocking progress.

4EverLost and Duke Raas like this.
  7. agra

agra Avatar

That's not the impression I get from Chris's use based posts, Solstar.

and
    There's the distinct impression that once you're at the point where you are hitting the wall on advancement, with so many high level skills, you'd be fighting both that and slow decay at the same time, regarding an attempted ' respec ' goal.

8. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

Ok, well I was talking from the perspective of not being at the soft cap, which, I guess, is confusing since that's part of the OP's concern. As for the soft cap, we just don't know enough yet about decay rates. Good question for the skill/combat/spell chat thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.