Mingo's White Raven Inn

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Mingo, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Mingo

Mingo Avatar

(White Raven Inn)--A nice soft breeze wafted through the open front door of the big ground floor room of the inn and meandered out the open back door. Frida paused her playing to walk to the corner of the stage and peer out the door. "Stack those along the end of the porch!" Mingo's voice could be heard from outside. "Mind you keep them in order! They are numbered!"
    --Unknown and unseen minions, which may or may not have been yellow, (in addition to Mingo's vendor), unloaded the cart and began to carefully place logs at one end of the front porch, along the front wall of the Inn. "I need to read some of these meself," muttered Mingo TheBard (see students? One way to surreptitiously pad the prose is to use the full name of the character.) "I can't remember the name of Cheada-sama's two fearsome ladies-in-waiting from that visit through the portal to Apsara, or how to spell her name, which probably doesn't matter as her actual name be written in those blasted hieroglyphs!"
    --"Can I get a sandwich at the tavern across the street?" asked Bov. "I feel a big peckish."
    --"Don't let the raven hear that," warned TimeLord.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Mingo

Mingo Avatar

(White Raven Inn)--The small river running through the town of Meridian was not too far from the sea. You could sail it in about one hour if need be in one of the small boats docked at the pier. A curved line of shrines stood on the shoreline where it jutted out into the water, which obscured the view somewhat.....Jason the city architect has even considered relocating the shrines....
    --Although the view from the water was mostly blocked, it was still possible to see the two cobblestone streets and the grass and tree lined median between them. The wagon being unloaded at Mingo's White Raven Inn could be seen also. With great interest a figure bobbing in the water watched the goings on. All that could be seen was the head of a lady with a beautiful face and a cloud of slightly green....teal?....hair which seemingly was dry although she had just popped to the surface.
    ---"Thanks Bubo," the lady said to a small black pilot whale that floated next to her. "You have guided me to the right place I believe."

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Mingo

Mingo Avatar

(White Raven Inn)--As the logs were being carefully unloaded and placed Mingo entered the White Raven Inn. Climbing the few stairs to the improvised stage he sighed and looked around. More people were beginning to wander in and out of the Inn, sometimes they spoke, mostly they just lurked, which was fine. Spotting one newcomer Mingo TheBard grinned and began to play the theme from an old TV show, "Paladin".

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Mingo

Mingo Avatar

(White Raven Inn)--Two ladies passed over the stone bridge leading to the small city of Meridian. They paused as the figure in the water swam over to them and emerged. From the hand cart pulled by one of the ladies some clothes were retrieved and given to the aquatic lady, whose blue-green (actually Teal) hair was mysteriously instantly dry and billowed profusely about her in the slight breeze.
    --"It's the four story building," said the mysterious lady. "Procure two rooms, on the top floor. Say nothing of me. Keep yourself in disguise." The two newcomers nodded silently and waited until their mistress vanished into thin air.
    --In the White Raven Inn, Bov sat across from TimeLord at the single table forcing himself to drink some concoction of non-alcoholic fruit juice. He shuddered and made a face. "You get used to it," TimeLord said sympathetically. "It is possible to forego alcohol completely if you stay at it."
    --"Oh, that shudder was not related to the juice," Bov said with a shake of his head. "I just had a foreboding of dire events."
    --"Better than a DireWolf. I'm glad there aren't any of those here." The breeze coming in the front door suddenly ran chill. No one chased it.