Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Mining respawn

Discussion in 'Release 33 Bug Forum' started by Engel, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Horance

Horance Avatar

Since R33, the "meticulous collection" skill has indeed become useless because you never runs out of metal nodes in a single room anyway.

2. Zosaria

Zosaria Avatar

Everyone is going to be GM in every crafting skill by this time next week, unless this resource respawn is going to be fixed very very soon.

3. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Verdantis mining rates seem particularly high and it seems to only be that high when you are alone not in a party. Confirm?

Abydos likes this.
  4. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

this is non sense, you can go mine and get around 400 ore of siver every hour or so.... the economy will crash

5. emusican

emusican Avatar

They will fix it shortly. Already seen a 20% drop in the price of silver. Things that do that to the economy overnight = bad. Recommend if you have a hoard of ore to wait a week or two till the market settles back to normal, then sell. Unless you enjoy instant gratification and a sizable loss.

Abydos likes this.
  6. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Why so many free mining .....

7. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

Silver economy was also tied to taming, which many people are taking a break from.

Silver economy =/= SOTA economy

Demand was very high due to 3 MC + skill tree + housewares. And supply was limited to 5 skull mines. This stuff needs to be cheaper when you need thousands of ingots lol.

Gold coins are also harder to farm, so prices for everything should drop, not just ore

8. Zosaria

Zosaria Avatar

Since yesterday I know people who have gotten 5,000 silver ore.
    the respawn is increased by 1000%

9. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

But fear not.. the economy is strong.. we are putting people back to work again *cough*

Whyterose Flowers likes this.
  10. Whyterose Flowers

Whyterose Flowers Avatar

If taming is useless now, isnt the Silver Ore too?

11. Zosaria

Zosaria Avatar

I think it is used in level up master in blacksmith dunno about other skills. But for items that need silver, that is now already worthless.

12. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

Meth pipe and 24hrs non-stop maybe. Mine went up to around 150/hr with L77 meticulous + potion an true bronze. Really depends on whether you luck out and get some good 3 ore pulls or singles and how much downtime for fighting

13. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

LOL Elysium Mines still World of Warcraft mode ! I cannot take this all Ore alone come help me plz. It's quasi insta respawn ore ......

14. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

237 gold in there. Timed 60 min farm.

59 ingots

Almost 12 spins on the enchanting wheel

Still will take ages to skill it up. I like the fact that there isn't much downtime

83 skill

High 70s swift/met plus 2 potions.

Oh, and I counted xp gains with locked skills in 5 skull. 54.5k in that period

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  15. Bom

Bom Avatar

The easier a resource is to get the more worthless it becomes, along with the skills used to obtain it.

16. sdbaynham

sdbaynham Avatar

My god, with those resources you could get from level 43 to 46 in one of the game's 13 masterwork skills.

EDIT: Wait it's gold?

lol.

Taze likes this.
  17. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

What can I say, I like enchanting ****.

Silver run today ;)

18. Bom

Bom Avatar

The spawning of resources is still way too high. There are places where you can camp in one small area constantly mining ore and collecting reagents and timber with very little or no risk. Many resources are unguarded by creatures and clumped close together, especially near entrances and outer walls of scenes and the resources respawn quickly enough that you can simply stay in one area farming them. The resources also spawn more quickly than the creatures guarding them.

I think the game would be more challenging and interesting if players had to explore scenes to gather resources that randomly spawned around the scene rather than camping and farming set locations of unprotected concentrations of resources. If resources in a scene did not respawn so quickly and in the exact same places every time then players would need to fully explore the scene and visit other scenes too.

Some of the technical issues that need to be addressed;
    • Resources respawning when a player merely quickly exits and returns to a scene. Players should be returned to the same instances for the day, regardless of game mode.
    • Designing a resource node system that could spawn resources at random coordinates around scenes along with the creatures to guard them.
    • Resources and creatures should spawn as a set, even if you don't have the time to build a random spawner this would ensure they are protected.
    • The risk of loss in death is so minimal that it's irrelevant. Players can charge through every scene collecting resources even expecting to die and it doesn't matter because ghosts carry ore.

19. Bom

Bom Avatar

I just experienced a clear case which highlights the issues I posted above.

While traveling I had a Plains Road Encounter:
    • The scene spawned all types of ore except silver, spawned cotton, and spawned maple trees as fast as I could run around and collect it all - I was overloaded though.
    • The critters were only Grey Wolves which were easily killed.
    • The wolves did not respawn anywhere near as quickly as the resources. Once killed they were gone while I continued to collect the respawning resources.
    • The resources all spawned in the exact same locations each time - very susceptible to being collected with a macro or script.
    The random encounters should probably only spawn resources once even if nothing else is fixed, otherwise they are perfect resource farms.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    Acred likes this.
  20. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

@Chris is this now working as intended?

Acred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.