MMORPG: Review Part 2 - A Shroud of Confusion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, Aug 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I would be surprised if you could produce a thread that didn't deserve to be closed or deleted. There are plenty of opinions that are posted here that I don't agree with. This thread has a lot of them. I also don't agree with the review for a number of reasons. The developers don't agree with the review for a number of reasons. Yet the thread is still opened? How is that possible in a world where views that are not agreed with are deleted and players are banned for expressing them?

Personally, since the last 5 pages of this thread were about moderation and topics other than the OP, I could see this thread being closed for further comment. Couldn't you?

I would argue that there are some people that can't follow the rules here and therefore go other places where they can spout off about the game without being held accountable. Does this hurt the game? Well yes it does, negative comments like that will always be hurtful. But I'd rather have them out there than in here since this is supposed to be a discussion area that actually helps the development of the game. These forums are not just a random part of the internet where people say "what they feel" even when what they feel may be completely crazy, ignorant of the facts, or just plain combative for the sake of being combative.

Tibs likes this.
  2. DepGames

DepGames Avatar

Hmm...not banned, so...useless response?

It doesn't matter if you follow them or not. Any dissenting opinion gets you in the "bad people" bucket. That was the point of the response. Most of my friends have been run-off by this community, but I've got news for you. You're not going to do it to me. I'm heavily invested in this game and have a right to my opinion as long as I don't break a forum rule. If you don't like my feedback, not my problem.

That's personally attacking @Vallo.

Of course, it probably won't get moderated since you appear to be in the "good people" bucket, so insults are OK?

Oh, the irony.

3. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This is not true. Going against the forum rules & guidelines though may.

Please note that you only get one forum posting account. This doesn't technically need to be your game account.

No one can "try to get someone banned". It doesn't work that way. Also know that if you are suspended or banned, ALL your accounts are banned, otherwise it's pointless. Do NOT create additional forum accounts to try and circumvent an action, or that may get you a permaban instead.

If you have any concerns with moderation actions, the best course of action is to follow up with us via support@portalarium.com.

Closing thread and warning some users about derailment of this post. If you can't keep it on topic, don't post at all.

Montaigne, Tibs, NRaas and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.