Monsters in POT

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Mhtic, Jan 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mhtic700R

Mhtic700R Avatar

I really loved the dragons swarms we had to fight off.

And unlike seiges and dungeons, it would be fun some town was literally under seige from the inside.

Either have the governor enable spawns or make it as a selectable feature.

Somewhat alike bloodbay, where people can have houses in an adventurer instance but PvE.

Once I get my haunted town in Ep. 2, I sure would love to have mobs spawns in it away from my little market square.

Hehe

2. Mhtic700R

Mhtic700R Avatar

To prevent abuses from players using houses as advantages or etc.. They could be placable deco, the size of a keep or bigger.

Ex. A graveyard, a spider forest or even a dragon perch/den.

This way when a player exits the zone, it would reset the mobs, and there could be a spawning area inside of said town.

Players could even choose the mobs which spawns inside, or select a tier to spawn more liches than skeletons etc etc..

3. Floors

Floors Avatar

Travian did the dragon stuff, and we still never got told exactly what happened with the split or why, so I wouldn't hold my breath that Port does that again.

But yeah, it's one of those no brainer things that I'm not sure why they don't enable it.

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well I'm not sure how this will play out but a snowy biome like Wizards Rest could use an occasional polar bear by the frozen lake, a few rabbits, deer, squirrels running from tree to tree, a snake or two. These are signs of life. Not really something to necessarily kill but possible to kill. Now occasional lizard men or imps wandering around would be something to clear out or as mentioned a dragon who flew by to cause havoc occasionally.

When we asked for town invasions it was not sieges but we got sieges which appropriately got the ability to by-pass them finally but town invasions were to be rare and a call to arms even in NPC towns and now that we have sieges they have their place and give something different to do.

Not sure how I feel about making towns have constant invasions but perhaps occasional. So I will just listen to the ideas

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  5. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

I think meteorites landing and hunting of them would be good oppurtunity to find monsters in a town zone. If that monster could roam that would be quite interesting.

6. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

Repeating some stuff I wrote in this post:

Governors and town stewards should have the ability to schedule PvE raids. There should be a requirement to schedule them at least 2 hours in advance. Give fair warning 60, 30, 15, 5 and 2 minutes before it starts, alerting people that are currently in the town in an immersive way that something is about to happen, so they have time to leave the POT if they do not want to participate in this. Give an alert similar to the PvP alert if someone wants to enter a POT where such an event is currently going on (also through teleport/recall), so they have to confirm that they want to go to the POT anyways.

Ideally the POT owner can choose the exact area where to spawn which monsters.

Give the seers / game masters / story tellers among us some tools, please, so to create even more interesting content for our fellow players.

And I totally agree with Majoria: It would make POT scenes feel so much more alive if there was the occasional animal roaming around. Ideally, this would also be controled by the POT's governor: Select an area, select a type of animal, select a number. Done. That way you can avoid animals spawning right in the middle of a housing area.

Mhtic, Jaesun and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  7. Floors

Floors Avatar

Have been asking for this for years. Alot of the angst that comes from playing solo and starting to feel more and more lonely could easily be alleviated by having a couple more things in town that are killable, beyond ducks and rabbits. And we could do with just a few more ducks and rabbits in the "uninhabited" areas of town - and stuff hidden in tree stumps, and collectable plants... in those areas, it would make going into non combat POT and PRT and NPC towns more palatable and less "DEAD".

Mhtic and Duke Olahorand like this.
  8. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

The towns were pretty lively when the NPCs took it to the cats. They could bring that back.

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  9. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

pots are supposed to get wildlife that inversely scales with population, so only a few lots would mean plenty but a bustling city would scare them all away. it's on the two-year plan (which doesn't specify that it's meant for pots, but they've discussed it elsewhere before)

i am still jealous of the town sheep in places like greenfall.

10. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Travian did some, but we had this even before Cerus was here. I remember at least 2-3 times fighting mobs in a POT running by Port.

More events by devs would be awesome.

11. John Markus

John Markus Avatar

How about tamers bringing in Tamed Monsters and setting them free in PoTs ? You could build a PoT with finite monsters, or even a Zoo.
    We already have skills that can move or mesmerize monsters to handle them safely.

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.