Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

More interior details

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by Lord_Darkmoon, Jan 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Interiors of houses need much more details. Many of them look empty and bland.

Look at this, there is nothing in the room. And there are many rooms like this in the game:

[​IMG]

I know we shouldn't compare the graphics and Detail level to Skyrim but maybe to Oblivion? The game turns 10 years in 2016, so I hope that we get at least as detailed interiors as in a 10 year old game:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Or how about Ultima IX from 1999?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  2. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

+1

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  3. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

To be fair, the game has not been optimized, so I know for my machine, it runs okay compared to Skyrim/Oblivion which flies on my video card.

I'm very interested to see once we can crank the graphics up higher, and as we see more high-res objects into the game. I also will point out from a personal standpoint, if the story overwhelms me, I could go back to playing UO's engine for all I care. Story immersion >>>>>>>>>>>>> shiny graphics. There's plenty of would-be shiny crap out there in the RPG market already. :D

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  4. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

The biggest issue with interior rooms is many are too small to furnish. So we need some new York condo interior decorating to help design a workable and attractive space.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  5. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Well, the blacksmith there used to have so many nice things you could........borrow before on the racks and stuff. I kind of wish they'd give it back to him;)

Ahuaeynjgkxs and Ice Queen like this.
  6. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

+1 as well.
    It's not only the furniture, but also the "things". Stuff that you see around and makes you feel you're coming into a place where somebody lives or works. I'd love to see more "things" in game.

And also, more furniture :D

Ahuaeynjgkxs, smack and Tahru like this.
  7. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I totally agree with this thread....and a game popped to mind when I saw the pics, dungeon lords....it was in a similar shape when it launched so many years ago....man it looks very similar.

I noticed this pretty bad when I was playing the starting location for courage...it just felt weirdly empty in the world even though they had bodies laying around.

This actually ties into the towns comments about how they don't feel very immersive....Andoris is particularly bad off the top of my head....like something came in and wiped everything away.

Leostemplar, Ice Queen and Tahru like this.
  8. Hazard

Hazard Avatar

Yes, gives the game a bit of a hollow feel to it at times. Now wheres those speed-interiors when you need them?

Tahru likes this.
  9. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

The perfect result is that no player could resist wanting to explore everyone's home (provided doors are unlocked). That is impossible, but it is good goal and does add a lot of content to the game. Even for RP, we can go to people's homes and feel entranced by the atmosphere.

Leostemplar and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  10. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

See this is where players should be used, get backers the ability to decorate these places if the devs don't have time.

Leostemplar likes this.
  11. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

They do on Hometown. I think it's not so simple to allow players decorating NPC buildings in game since there is no way to give permissions to them.

Maybe there's some easy way to crowdsource decoration before the final wipe? lots of people love decorating and if that saves time to the Devs...

Leostemplar and 4EverLost like this.
  12. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Really? They have allowed certain players to test combat things and PoT's to give feedback beyond the normal testing. I wouldn't think this would be that hard to accomplish.

13. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

I'm not saying it's a problem because they wouldn't let us do it... I'm worried from the tech point. Testing combat things is matter of getting into QA... PoTs are PoTs so there's actually a player that owns it and controls it... But decoration in NPC towns seems a whole different issue because the objects are placed there by the designer from "outside the game". Also there's no way to allow players to place things in NPC towns (As far as i know - this were the permissions i was talking about) and even so, we woulnd't need to place just "items" but the "item respawn" so an item appears there when the scene is loaded.

My knowledge is not deep enough in the subject to be certain about this, but maybe it costs them more to give players the tools to decorate NPC towns than just place the decoration when polishing the scene. But as i said before, i'm pretty sure people will be more than happy for decorating everything and save time to the Devs.

Tahru likes this.
  14. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I'm not sure myself, I would think it would be something they could consider though.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  15. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

If granting players an interface to decorate npc towns is easier than placing the decoration by themselves i certainly hope they should. Pretty sure that if done folks will be happy to help.

That way they have more time to create the "things" :D

Ice Queen likes this.
  16. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Just so you know I added this in my thread about NPC towns...they are woeful at the moment. They do not look like any love is coming either so...
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...t-makes-them-special.44357/page-3#post-495646

smack likes this.
  17. Sinclair

Sinclair Avatar

+1 Absolutly. I mentioned this also several times. Objects / filled rooms and houses would leverage the immersion dramatically. Currently a lot of places feel like sterile and empty. But i wouldn't play if i don't believe that they will change this circumstance.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  18. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Decorating interiors isn't a performance issue for us. I think that is just a space someone missed in their rush.

majoria70, Leelu, 4EverLost and 3 others like this.
  19. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Andoris had a lot of places missed then.

20. smack

smack Avatar

I'm hoping they do a major pass at every single building and make it truly lived in, add some uniqueness and flavor for who's living in it too. The world is way too sterile and does not feel lived in or alive.

And for the single player offline game, I'm hoping we get the ability to even redecorate NPC buildings to some limited extent. Just minor items like decorations on tables / shelves, lights, paintings, but not necessarily the ability to remove large furniture or structures. Sure if we steal anything they might complain if caught.

Leostemplar, Tahru, Hazard and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.